How do I apply for a Block Party Permit?

A Block Party Permit is required for the temporary closure of public streets for a block party or similar public gathering.  Please visit for more information and to download the application. Submit completed applications to the Public Works Department at 1151 Kilbourne Road or via email at
No permit fee is required but the application must be submitted a minimum of 5 days prior to the Block Party to allow for staff review and processing.  Please contact the Public Works Department with any questions at 847-599-6800.