How do I request a Vacation House Watch from the Police Department?

If you are a a resident of Gurnee who will be out of town for a period of three (3) days to three (3) weeks, you may request that the Gurnee Police Department conduct periodic checks on your home while you are away.

PLEASE NOTE: For reasons of practicality this service is not available for apartment complexes. If you’d like crime prevention information specific to apartments please call 847-599-7080.

House Watches will be conducted only when a resident will be gone for a period of three (3) days to three (3) weeks; please do not request a House Watch if you will be gone for more or less time than that.

To request a House Watch, download the form found at