Southridge Neighborhood Watch Meeting - 9/27/12

Area: 
Southridge
Recording: 

You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.

Southridge residents (patrol beat 103) had their most recent Neighborhood Watch meeting on 09/27/12. The meeting was facilitated by Crime Prevention Technician Tom Agos. Mayor Kovarik along with Officers Tami Martin and Jeff Hauptman also attended. The 53 minute audio recording is attached and below is a brief summary:

To receive informational phone calls from the village through our automated system, please register by visiting www.gurnee.il.us, the village’s web site.

Residents are encouraged to connect with the police department via email and text message alerts by visiting www.nixle.com/. It's free and registration is fast and simple. Additionally, residents can stay connected with the police department through www.facebook.com/gurneepd. Follow the village on Twitter @VillageofGurnee.

We presented a training session to the group, featuring the video “Shots Fired! When Lightning Strikes.” This dynamic video is designed to teach members of the public realistic strategies for dealing with an active shooter situation. Due to copyright laws, the attached meeting recording has been edited to remove the video sound. Discussion after the video is included in the recording.

Police Activity Summary:

243 police calls for service have been generated during 2012 up to 08/31/12. Historically, the average is 329 per year.

11 (approximately 4.5%) of the calls received from the beat were for Illinois Uniform Crime Report (IUCR) crimes. The other 95.5% of police calls are considered quasi-criminal, traffic, and service-related.

Since January 2007, 1,975 calls for service have been responded to in the neighborhood; 171 of them IUCR crimes. The calls for service to IUCR crime ratio in the area is 8.6%.

In 2012, we expect 29 IUCR crimes to occur in the patrol beat based on the trend established during the previous 5 years. The neighborhood is currently on track to come in under that average.

The next regularly scheduled neighborhood watch meeting for the area is currently slated for a date in March of 2013; sooner should the need arise. An official notice will be circulated when the date is closer.