Southridge, Rolling Ridge, and Fairway Ridge Neighborhood Watch Meeting - 5/2/13

Area: 
Southridge, Rolling Ridge, and Fairway Ridge
Recording: 

You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.

Southridge (patrol beat 103) Rolling Ridge (patrol beat 117) and Fairway Ridge (patrol beat 131) had their most recent Neighborhood Watch meeting on 05/02/13. The meeting was facilitated by Tom Agos. Officers Tami Martin and Ken Heerdegen also attended. Access to a 58 minute audio recording is above.

The areas next neighborhood watch meeting is currently scheduled for 10/10/13. An official notice will be circulated when the date is closer.

Southridge area Police Activity Summary:

349 police calls for service were generated during 2012. Historically, the average is 351 per year. 19 (approximately 5.4%) of the calls received from the beat were for Illinois Uniform Crime Report (IUCR) crimes. The other 94.6% of police calls are considered quasi-criminal, traffic, and service-related. Since January 2008, 1,759 calls for service have been responded to in the neighborhood; 145 of them IUCR crimes. The calls for service to IUCR crime ratio in the area is 8%.

Rolling Ridge and Fairway Ridge areas Police Activity Summary:

568 police calls for service were generated during 2012. Historically, the average is 560 per year. 29 (approximately 5.1%) of the calls received from the beat were for Illinois Uniform Crime Report (IUCR) crimes. The other 95% of police calls are considered quasi-criminal, traffic, and service-related. Since January 2008, 2,801 calls for service have been responded to in the neighborhood; 186 of them IUCR crimes. The calls for service to IUCR crime ratio in the area is 6.62%.

Training:

Officers Tom Woodruff and Carol McClanathan gave a presentation on transient or traveling criminal crews. He explained who they are, what they do, and presented prevention points so residents can avoid being victimized by them.

Getting and Staying Connected:

To receive informational phone calls from the village through our automated system, please register by visiting www.gurnee.il.us, the village’s web site. Residents are encouraged to connect with the police department via email and text message alerts by visiting www.nixle.com/. It's free and registration is fast and simple. Additionally, residents can stay connected with the police department through www.facebook.com/gurneepd. Follow the village on Twitter @VillageofGurnee.