Southridge, Rolling Ridge, and Fairway Ridge Neighborhood Watch Meeting - 4/10/14

Area: 
Southridge, Rolling Ridge, and Fairway Ridge

Southridge (patrol beat 103) Rolling Ridge (patrol beat 117) and Fairway Ridge (patrol beat 131) had their most recent Neighborhood Watch meeting on 04/10/14. The meeting was facilitated by Sergeant Jason Kalinowski.

Your next neighborhood watch meeting is currently scheduled for October 9th, 2014. An official notice will be circulated when the date is closer.

Southridge area Police Activity Summary:

264 police calls for service were generated during all of 2014. Historically, the average is 337 per year.

12 (approximately 4.5%) of the calls received in 2013 were for Illinois Uniform Crime Report (IUCR) crimes. The annual average from 2008 through 2013 has been 26. The other 95.5% of police calls in 2014 are considered quasi-criminal, traffic, and service-related.

Since January 2008, 2,023 calls for service have been responded to in the neighborhood; 157 of them IUCR crimes. The calls for service to IUCR crime ratio in the area is 7.5%.

Rolling Ridge and Fairway Ridge areas Police Activity Summary:

599 police calls for service were generated during 2014. Historically, the average is 567 per year.

18 (approximately 3%) of the calls received in 2013 were for Illinois Uniform Crime Report (IUCR) crimes. The annual average from 2008 through 2013 has been 34. The other 97% of police calls in 2014 are considered quasi-criminal, traffic, and service-related.

Since January 2008, 3,400 calls for service have been responded to in the neighborhood; 204 of them IUCR crimes. The calls for service to IUCR crime ratio in the area is 6%.

Training:

Officer Kelly Hansen gave the group a presentation on the myths and realities of sex offender registration laws.

Odds and Ends:

Again, the next regularly-scheduled neighborhood watch meeting for the area is slated for October 9th, 2014; sooner should the need arise.

Become connected with your neighborhoods and the village through Next Door. Visit www.nextdoor.com to register.

To receive informational phone calls from the village through our automated system, please register by visiting https://11297163.bbcportal.com/ through the village’s web site.

Residents are encouraged to connect with the police department via email and text message alerts by visiting http://www.nixle.com/. It's free and registration is fast and simple.

Additionally, residents can stay connected with the police department through our Facebook page titled "Gurnee Police Department."