- FOIA Procedures 
This form is intended to be part of the overall implementation of the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act (5 ILCS 140/1 et seq.; P.A. 83-1013, effective July 1, 1984, as amended. The Village of Gurnee supports the policy of providing public access to the public records in the possession of the Village while, at the same time, protecting legitimate privacy interests, and maintaining administrative efficiency and operational priorities.
In accordance with the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), such requests shall be made in writing, either on a form provided by the Village or in letter form from the requestor. The following must be included in a request for public records:
- The requestor's full name, address and telephone number;
- A description of the records sought, being as specific as possible; and
- Whether the request is for inspection of records, copies of records, or both.
Fees for Freedom of Information:
- Black and photo copies – Free up until 50 pages, with $0.15 per each additional page
- Plats & Plans - $0.50 per square foot
- CDs - $0.50 per CD
- VHS Tapes - $1.30 per tape
- Postage - Cost