- Set containers back from the table edge.
- Turn pot handles in.
- Never leave young children alone in a bathroom or kitchen.
- Look where children are before carrying hot liquids.
- Roll up electric cords and set appliances back from counter edge.
- Don't leave hot drinks unattended.
- Test bath water with your wrist, run hot and cool water together, and lower thermostat setting, if necessary.
- Apply cool water instantly.
- Remove non-stick clothing.
- Wrap the burn loosely in clean cloth. Don't use oils, butter, etc.
- Call a hospital or a doctor for all but minor burns.
- In an emergency dial 9-1-1.
- Only cooling stops skin from burning!