7:30 P.M. Public Hearing regarding the issuance of not to exceed $11,000,000 in aggregate principal amount of General Obligation Bonds, Series 2011 to be used to (i) construct certain improvements to Gurnee Mills in the Village including demolition and renovation of portions of Gurnee Mills to facilitate the construction of an approximately 130,000 square foot Macy’s department store, reconfigure and pave an adjacent parking lot, and acquire, construct and install related utilities and (ii) pay certain costs relating to the issuance of the Bonds.
GURNEE VILLAGE BOARD
Regular Meeting of November 7, 2011
Call to Order and Roll Call
Pledge of Allegiance
A. PUBLIC COMMENT
B. APPROVAL OF CONSENT AGENDA AS PRESENTED
C. CONSENT AGENDA/OMNIBUS VOTE (Roll Call Vote)
(All items under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Trustee so requests. In which event, the discussion will be the first item of business after approval of the Consent Agenda.)
- Approval of minutes from the October 3, 2011 and October 17, 2011 meetings.
- Approval of the 2012 Village Board meeting schedule.
- Approval of Payroll for period ending October 22, 2011 in the amount of $697,483.99.
- Approval of Payroll Transfer Journal for period ending October 22, 2011 in the amount of $688,628.89.
- Approval of Bills for the period ending November 7, 2011 in the amount of $1,132,803.57.
D. PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Approval of a Proclamation designating November 15, 2011 as “American Enterprise Day” in the Village of Gurnee.
- Approval of a Proclamation designating November as “National American Indian/Alaska Native Heritage Month” in the Village of Gurnee.
F. OLD BUSINESS
- Approval of Ord. 2011 - granting a Special Use Permit to allow the establishment and operation of an electronic message board sign, pursuant to the Gurnee Zoning Ordinance, for property located at 500 N. O’Plaine Road.
- Approval of Ord. 2011 - providing for the submission to the electors of the Village of Gurnee, Lake County, the question whether the Village should have the authority under Public Act 096-0176 to arrange for the supply of electricity for its residential and small commercial retail customers who have not opted out of such program.
G. NEW BUSINESS
- Approval of Ord. 2011 - approving a Redevelopment Agreement between the Village of Gurnee, Illinois and Mall at Gurnee Mills, LLC.
- Approval of Ord. 2011 - providing for the issuance of $9,995,000 General Obligation Bonds, Series 2011, of the Village of Gurnee, Lake County, Illinois, and providing for the levy and collection of a direct annual tax for the payment of the principal of and interest on said bonds.
- Approval of renewals related to the Village’s self-insured medical plan:
- Administrative Services Only contract for a period of 12 months with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois at an estimated cost of $87,000; and
- Health Insurance Plan’s Stop Loss Coverage a period of 12 months with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois at an estimated cost of $312,890.
H. PUBLIC COMMENT
Individuals with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who require certain accommodations in order to allow them to observe and/or participate in this meeting, or who have questions regarding the accessibility of the meeting or the facilities, are required to contact Village Administrator, James Hayner, at (847) 599-7500 promptly to allow the Village to make reasonable accommodations for those persons.