GURNEE VILLAGE BOARD
Regular Meeting of January 9, 2012
Call to Order and Roll Call
Pledge of Allegiance
A. TRANSITION BUSINESS
1. Administration of the Oath of Office for Pat Muetz, Village Administrator, by Village Attorney Winter.
2. Approval of Mayor’s recommended appointments:
a. David Ziegler – Treasurer – expires April 30, 2012
b. Diane Lembesis - IMRF Agent – expires April 30, 2012
B. PUBLIC COMMENT
C. APPROVAL OF CONSENT AGENDA AS PRESENTED
D. CONSENT AGENDA/OMNIBUS VOTE (Roll Call Vote)
(All items under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Trustee so requests. In which event, the discussion will be the first item of business after approval of the Consent Agenda.)
1. Approval of minutes from the December 5, 2011 and December 19, 2011 meetings.
2. Approval of Res. 2012 - regarding appointment of an authorized Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund Agent.
3. Approval of Payroll for period ending December 17, 2011 in the amount of $713,521.27.
4. Approval of Payroll Transfer Journal for period ending December 17, 2011 in the amount of $701,531.25.
5. Approval of Payroll for period ending December 31, 2011 in the amount of $682,559.97.
6. Approval of Payroll Transfer Journal for period ending December 31, 2011 in the amount of $675,601.23.
7. Approval of Bills for the period ending January 9, 2012 in the amount of $1,123,248.66.
E. PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
1. Approval of Proclamation designating January 16, 2012 as Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in the Village of Gurnee.
2. Presentation of Police Medal of Valor from the Illinois Association of Chiefs of Police to Officer Matt Bendler for his actions on December 24, 2010.
3. Approval of Mayor’s recommended appointments to the Emergency Telephone Systems (911) Board:
a. Hank Schwarz - 4-year term - reappointment
b. Fred Friedl - 4-year term - reappointment
c. Chris Velkover - 4-year term - reappointment
d. Pat Muetz - 4-year term - new appointment
e. Brad Lambert - 2-year term - new appointment
1. Update by Police Chief Woodside on Hastings Court resident complaints.
G. OLD BUSINESS
H. NEW BUSINESS
1. Approval Ord. 2012 - authorizing the acceptance of an easement by the Village of Gurnee from the Gurnee Park District.
I. PUBLIC COMMENT
Individuals with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who require certain accommodations in order to allow them to observe and/or participate in this meeting, or who have questions regarding the accessibility of the meeting or the facilities, are required to contact Pat Muetz, Village Administrator, at (847) 599-7500 promptly to allow the Village to make reasonable accommodations for those persons.
Village Website: www.gurnee.il.us
Village Board E-mail address: email@example.com