To create an excellent partnership with the community through exceptional communication and transparency.
We realize that crime problems can only be effectively addressed in partnership with the community. We have a duty and a responsibility to maintain a relationship with the public that reflects the tradition that “the police are the public and the public are the police.” We must constantly work to maintain and develop new bonds with the community and be committed to earning and maintaining public trust.
Have a question, comment, or complaint? If so, please visit http://www.gurnee.il.us/comments  We look forward to hearing from you.
Our effort to involve the community occurs on a number of levels as detailed below:
- Accident Reports 
- Annual Law Enforcement Exposition 
- Child Passenger Safety and Safety Seat Inspection Dates 
- Citizens Police Academy 
- Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association 
- Crime Alerts 
- Crisis Response Training and Drills 
- Daily Call Logs 
- Gurnee Days 
- Home and Business Security Surveys 
- Monthly or Annual UCR (Uniform Crime Report) Statistics 
- Ordinances & Regulations 
- Parking Tickets 
- Press Releases 
- Public Education and Information 
- Vacation House Watch 
Please call 847-599-7080 for more information about our community involvement efforts. Have a question, comment, or complaint? If so, please visit www.gurnee.il.us/comments . We look forward to hearing from you.