Gurnee, IL – The Gurnee Police Department will be conducting occupant protection enforcement zones throughout the village beginning August 17th through September 3rd 2012.
Funded by the Illinois Department of Transportation and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, these zones are being established in order to achieve the following goals:
- To increase enforcement of occupant restraint laws.
- To achieve a higher use of safety belts, child safety and booster seats.
- To achieve both especially during the overnight hours of 11:00 PM to 3:00 AM.
This enforcement effort coincides with “Click It or Ticket,” a national mobilization. Occupant protection enforcement zones will be established throughout the campaign at or near the following locations:
- 1- O’Plaine Rd. and Brookhaven Rd.
- 2- Route 132 and First St.
- 3- Route 41 and Route 132
- 4- Route 132 and Route 21
- 5- O’Plaine Rd. and Old Grand Ave.
- 6- Washington St. and Almond Rd.
- 7- Cemetery Rd. and Washington St.
- 8- Almond Rd. and Dada Dr.
In addition to the occupant protection enforcement zones, there will be high-visibility patrol efforts throughout the village to focus on impaired driving and speed enforcement.
Also, a roadside safety checkpoint is scheduled to occur during the late evening hours of September 1st through the early morning hours of September 2nd, 2012.
Cmdr. Jay J. Patrick