VILLAGE OF GURNEE
CIVIL SERVICE MEETING
August 28, 2012
Present: Ty Bonds, Commissioner; George Iler, Chairman
Absent: Lori Hubbartt, Commissioner
Visitor: Heath Graham
15955 Anna Dr
Wadsworth, IL 60083
Meeting called to order at 7:00 p.m. by Chairmen Iler,
AYE: 2, Bonds, Iler
ABSENT: 1, Hubbartt
- Public Comment:
Heath Graham discussed his concerns with the commission regarding the upcoming change in Act for Hiring Firefighters. After discussion, the commission will review with Fire Chief of Gurnee, CS Attorney, and HR Department for Village of Gurnee.
Heath will discuss at his next meeting with Firefighter Labor Attorney.
- Approval of Consent Agenda:
It was moved by Iler, seconded by Bonds to approve the Consent of Agenda as presented.
AYE: 2-Bonds, Iler
- Consent of Agenda/Omnibus Vote:
Chairman Iler read the consent agenda for an omnibus vote as follows:
1. Approval of the Regular minutes for July 24, 2012 CS Board Meeting, and July 24, 2012 Executive Session minutes
2. Bill from Franczek Radelet for the period of July 1 through July 31, 2012 for $729.33
It was moved by Iler, seconded by Bonds to approve the Consent Agenda for an omnibus vote as read.
AYE: 2-Iler, Bonds
D. Petitions and Communications:
1. Notice of Suspensions noted
2. Received notification alerts from Franczek Radelet regarding Open Meeting Act
3. Received Monthly Report – June 2012 from Gurnee Police Department
4. Gurnee Fire Department Monthly Report received
5. Announcement Gurnee Fire Employee of the Year for the Exchange Clubs of Gurnee received
E. New Business- None
Adjournment: It was moved by Bonds, seconded by Iler to adjourn the meeting at 7:28 p.m.
Voice Vote: ALL AYE: Motion Carried.