VILLAGE OF GURNEE
PLANNING AND ZONING BOARD AGENDA
DATE: November 7, 2012
TIME: 7:30 P.M.
PLACE: Gurnee Village Hall, 325 North O’Plaine Road
1. Call to Order and Roll Call
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Public Comment
4. a. Approval of Planning and Zoning Board’s September 5, 2012 Meeting Minutes
b. Approval of the Planning and Zoning Board’s October 17, 2012 Meeting Minutes
5. Public Hearing: Special Use Permit request for a pet (dog) day care facility and Minor Sign Exception at 3880 Grove Avenue
Layne and Ellyn Pollard are requesting a special use permit to allow the establishment and operation of a pet (dog) day care facility, Central Bark, at 3880 Grove Avenue. The request includes any such other relief as may be necessary to accomplish the applicant’s development plan. A Minor Exception to the Sign Ordinance is also requested to allow a reduction in the required 8” letter height for a proposed ground sign. The subject property is zoned I-2 PUD, General Industrial District as a Planned Unit Development, and is located approximately 1,325 ft. from the northeast corner of the Delany Road & Grove Avenue intersection.
6. Proposed Amendments to the Village’s Sign Code (Ord. 2008-39)
Staff is proposing amendments to several sections of the Village’s Sign Code including amendments to text and letter height on ground signs, provisions for permanent window signs, amendments to landscaping requirements for ground signs in office districts/uses, amendments to ground sign design standards, and correction of maximum sign size for for-sale/for-lease signs in non-single family areas.
7. Next Meeting Date: November 14, 2012