GURNEE VILLAGE BOARD
Regular Meeting of November 19, 2012
Call to Order and Roll Call
Pledge of Allegiance
A. PUBLIC COMMENT
B. APPROVAL OF CONSENT AGENDA AS PRESENTED
C. CONSENT AGENDA/OMNIBUS VOTE (Roll Call Vote)
(All items under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Trustee so requests. In which event, the discussion will be the first item of business after approval of the Consent Agenda.)
1. Approval of the minutes from the November 5, 2012 Village Board meeting.
2. Approval of Res. 2012 - supporting legislation to promote mutual aid Fire and Emergency Assistance across state lines.
3. Approval of Res. 2012 - establishing certain property of the Village of Gurnee to be surplus (Fire Station #1 breathing air cascade and compressor system).
4. Approval of Ord. 2012 - authorizing acceptance of deed for vacant property located on Ellis Avenue, Gurnee, Illinois 60031.
5. Approval of reduction in letter of credit for Merit Club to $8,700.00 as recommended by the Village Engineer.
6. Approval of bid award for fuel purchase to the low bidder, Petroleum Traders, at a supplier mark-up price of $0.0071 cents per gallon for unleaded gasoline and a supplier discount price of -$0.0027 cents per gallon for biodiesel fuel.
7. Approval of setting a bid date of December 18, 2012 for Public Works Vehicle Maintenance Division hoist control replacement project.
8. Approval of Payroll for period ending November 3, 2012 in the amount of $712,112.82.
9. Approval of Payroll Transfer Journal for period ending November 3, 2012, in the amount of $704,190.15.
10. Approval of Bills for the period ending November 19, 2012 in the amount of $2,721,687.88.
D. PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
1. Approval of a Proclamation designating December 2012 as National Drunk and Drugged Driving Prevention Month in the Village of Gurnee.
- 19th Annual Jon Callaghan Memorial Turkey Trot – 8:00 A.M., Thursday, November 22nd
- Northern Illinois Food Bank/Canadian Pacific Railroad Holiday Train – 4:20 P.M., Saturday, December 8th
1. Report from Trustee Park on Economic Development Committee progress and recommendations.
F. OLD BUSINESS
G. NEW BUSINESS
1. Approval of granting a Class 1 Liquor License to Arthur Lake to operate Confetti’s – 5101 Washington Street, Units 32 – 36.
2. Approval of Ord. 2012 - abating the tax heretofore levied for the year 2012 to pay Debt Service on $3,140,000.00 General Obligation Bonds, Series 2004 of the Village of Gurnee, Lake County, Illinois ($426,457.50 annual debt service).
3. Approval of Ord. 2012 - abating the tax heretofore levied for the year 2012 to pay Debt Service on $5,320,000.00 General Obligation Bonds, Series 2009 of the Village of Gurnee, Lake County, Illinois ($838,475.00 annual debt service).
4. Approval of Ord. 2012 - abating the tax heretofore levied for the year 2012 to pay Debt Service on $9,995,000.00 General Obligation Bonds, Series 2011 of the Village of Gurnee, Lake County, Illinois ($1,197,350.00 annual debt service).
H. PUBLIC COMMENT
I. EXECUTIVE SESSION
Individuals with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who require certain accommodations in order to allow them to observe and/or participate in this meeting, or who have questions regarding the accessibility of the meeting or the facilities, are required to contact Patrick Muetz, Village Administrator, at (847) 599-7500 promptly to allow the Village to make reasonable accommodations for those persons.