VILLAGE OF GURNEE
CIVIL SERVICE MEETING
September 25, 2012
Ty Bonds, Commissioner
George Iler, Chairman
Lori Hubbartt, Commissioner
Kevin Woodside, Police Chief
Fred Friedl, Fire Chief
Christine Palmieri, Director of Human Resources
Meeting called to order at 7:00 p.m. by Chairmen Iler,
AYE: 3, Bonds, Iler, Hubbartt
A. Public Comment: None
B. Approval of Consent Agenda:
It was moved by Hubbartt, seconded by Bonds to approve the Consent of Agenda as presented.
AYE: 3- Hubbartt, Bonds, Iler
C. Consent of Agenda/Omnibus Vote:
Chairman Iler read the consent agenda for an omnibus vote as follows:
1. Approval of the Regular minutes for August 28, 2012 Civil Service Board Meeting
2. Bill from Franczek Radelet for the period of August 1 through August 31, 2012 for $4,178.73
It was moved by Hubbartt, seconded by Bonds to approve the Consent Agenda for an omnibus vote as read.
AYE: 3-Iler, Bonds, Hubbartt
D. Petitions and Communications:
1. Notice of Suspensions noted
2. Received Monthly Report – July 2012 from Gurnee Police Department
4. Gurnee Fire Department Monthly Report received
5. Chief Woodside explained in great length the proposal of lateral hire process for Police Officers. Many key points where noted and discussed. After review, the Commission was in agreement to proceed
6. Christine Palmieri, Director of Human Resources discussed to incorporate rules regarding Firefighter/Paramedic hiring in accordance with the statute and amending the Civil Service Rules as a result of Illinois Firefighter Hiring Act. After a lengthy discussion, the Commission agreed to proceed
E. New Business:
1. Acknowledged notice of vacancy and approved new hire requisition certification
Adjournment: It was moved by Bonds, seconded by Hubbartt to adjourn the meeting at 7:53 p.m.
Voice Vote: ALL AYE: Motion Carried.