The Village also periodically emails this information to individuals who have subscribed to the Village-Announce Construction & Development Updates list serve . Information in these emails will also be posted to this page.
If you are interested in subscribing to the list serve or the general Village Announcements list serve, visit the Village List Server page .
- 2017 Resurfacing List of Streets 
- Resurfacing Map - Area 1 (Ravinia / Bittersweet Woods) 
- Resurfacing Map - Area 2 (Stonebrook Crossing / Concord Oaks) 
- Resurfacing Map - Area 3 (Pembrook / Pines / Deer Run / Lee) 
- Resurfacing Map - Area 4 (Suda Estates / Providence Oaks) 
- Resurfacing Map - Area 5 (East Side) 
2017 Village Crack Sealing Program
- What Is the Crack Sealing Program?
Crack sealing is a process of routing the cracks, cleaning the cracks, and then finally sealing the cracks. This keeps the moisture out of the sub-base to extend the life of the pavement. The sealer will take about ten minutes to dry. Streets will be swept within 48 hours of the work to clean up the debris from routing. Residents are asked to refrain from parking on the roadway while the work is being completed on their street until sweeping of the entire street is completed.
If you have any questions, please contact the Engineering Division at 847-599-7550 between the hours 7:30 am and 4:00 pm.
2017 Village Road Construction Updates
- Magnolia Avenue Reconstruction: The Village of Gurnee 2017 Capital Improvements include roadway and utility work along Magnolia Avenue between Grand Avenue and Glen Flora Avenue. The 2017 project will be the final phase of the roadway reconstruction and utility improvements project along Magnolia Avenue.
- The Motor Fuel Tax (MFT) Roadway Resurfacing Project: The full schedule of 2017 projects can be found here . The roadway resurfacing project was awarded and paperwork is being completed.
Pipe work is 95% complete on Greenleaf Street south of Washington Street. All main line work is done on Fuller Road and Route 21. Testing is underway after which the water services will be relocated and old hydrants will be removed.
3. Grand Avenue Water Main Replacement Under Des Plaines River
The Village’s water main under the river has two breaks between Milwaukee and Kilbourne Road and has been taken out of service. The contractor completed boring in a new pipe yesterday and work will continue to extend the new pipe using normal trench methods next week.
4. 2017 Roadway and Utility Rehabilitation
This project has been awarded to V3 and a pre-construction meeting was held on April 5th. Work is scheduled to begin on April 24th.
5. IDOT Union Pacific Railroad Bridge Replacement
AT&T crews continue to work on the roadway snarling traffic on a daily basis. Following this work the first operations for the bridge replacement will be the installation of the temporary railroad bridge which requires that Grand Avenue be closed to one lane in each direction until completion in 2019/2020.