The start of construction season is upon us and, to keep the public informed, the Village will post updates about road construction projects taking place in the community during the construction season to this page. Information will be added to this page throughout the construction season, so check back often for updates.
The Village also periodically emails this information to individuals who have subscribed to the Village-Announce Construction & Development Updates list serve . Information in these emails will also be posted to this page.
If you are interested in subscribing to the list serve or the general Village Announcements list serve, visit the Village List Server page .
2013 Road Construction Updates
2013 MFT Roadway Rehabilitation
Crews continued to make great progress on the street program this week and several areas are fully involved at this time. For more information on what roadwork is planned for the summer, please see the Village website.
- Elysian Fields subdivision – Concrete removal and replacement began this week
- Stonebrook subdivision – Leveling binder has been installed
- Grove Avenue – Concrete work has been completed pending cure time.
- Northridge Drive area - Leveling binder has been installed
- Country Trails subdivision – Concrete work has been completed
The Village awarded the 2013 Detention Basin contract to Campanella and Sons this week and work is expected to begin in about a month. The focus of the project this year is the O’Plaine Park basin and some improvements in University Park.
2013 Sanitary Sewer Cleaning & Inspection
Sanitary sewer cleaning and inspection continued in the northeast area of town. Progress is going well and no problems have been found to date. This work will continue throughout the summer months. The overall project is expected to encompass the area east of IL Route 21 and north of Grand Avenue. Sewer cleaning and televising allows crews to see and clear any blockages and note any areas of pipe in need of further maintenance. While this will not limit any access on roads, there may be noises coming from the sewer during this time. For any questions, contact the Engineering Division at (847) 599-7550.
2013 MFT Roadway Rehabilitation
- Concrete cutting and removal work began this week in the Stonebrook Subdivision and will be sequentially progressing through the work areas. This work effort is focused on repairing drainage and safety hazards in sidewalks and curb on streets that will be resurfaced this summer.
- Ditching improvements have been scheduled for next week on South Road in anticipation of resurfacing.
- Pavement striping crews have begun refreshing lane markings throughout the community as weather permits.
2013 Sanitary Sewer Cleaning and Inspection Cleaning and televising crew will begin next week in the northeast quadrant of the Village to clean and inspect all sanitary sewer mains to ensure proper operation.
2013 MFT Street Resurfacing Program
The 2013 MFT Street Resurfacing Program will begin in May. The Village will provide notifications to the residents in the work areas as the project progresses.
- 2013 Patching Map 
- Area 1 Map: Stonebrook and Elysian Fields 
- Area 2 Map: Northridge, Dilley's, South, and S. Brown, Grove 
- Area 3 Map: Country Trails, North, West, and Blackstone 
Greenleaf Avenue Sidewalk Improvements
Location: On the east side of Greenleaf Ave. between Northpoint Blvd. to the north ramp of IL120; both sides of Greenleaf between the north ramp of IL120 to Cornell Ave.; and the east side of Greenleaf from the Gurnee village limits to Oglesby Ave.
Start Time: April 2013
For More Information: Download the flyer  for project details.
Dilley's Road Resurfacing Project
Location: Dilley's Road, from just south of Wadsworth Rd. to Rt. 132 (Grand Ave.)
Start Time: May 2013
For More information: Download the flyer  for project details.