The start of construction season is upon us and, to keep the public informed, the Village will post updates about road construction projects taking place in the community during the construction season to this page. Information will be added to this page throughout the construction season, so check back often for updates.
The Village also periodically emails this information to individuals who have subscribed to the Village-Announce Construction & Development Updates list serve . Information in these emails will also be posted to this page.
If you are interested in subscribing to the list serve or the general Village Announcements list serve, visit the Village List Server page .
IDOT/Lake County Traffic Advisories:
Closure at IL Route 176 (Rockland Road) Metra Railroad Crossing in the Village of Green Oaks: July 15th - July 24th  (posted 07/06/2015)
Lane Closures Along US 41 in Gurnee and Wadsworth Beginning May 4th 
Tollway to Reopen Ramp Carrying Traffic from EB Grand to WB I-94; Temporary Lane Openings to Occur For Six Flags Opening Weekend 
- Traffic Shifts & Lane Reductions Scheduled at the I-94/Grand Avenue Interchange Beginning Week of March 9th 
2015 Village Crack Sealing Program
- What Is the Crack Sealing Program?
Crack sealing is a process of routing the cracks, cleaning the cracks, and then finally sealing the cracks. This keeps the moisture out of the sub-base to extend the life of the pavement. The sealer will take about ten minutes to dry. Streets will be swept within 48 hours of the work to clean up the debris from routing. Residents are asked to refrain from parking on the roadway while the work is being completed on their street until sweeping of the entire street is completed.
If you have any questions, please contact the Engineering Division at 847-599-7550 between the hours 7:30 am and 4:00 pm.
2015 Village Road Construction Updates
1. 2015 Major Construction Projects
The 2015 construction season has begun, and a number of projects will be fully underway in the near future. A detailed, illustrated map of upcoming Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT), Tollway and the Village projects can be found at this link . Current updates for these projects include the following:
- I-94/Grand Interchange Project: This project is scheduled to continue through mid-June. Work continues on the ramps from westbound I-94 to eastbound Grand Avenue and westbound Grand Avenue to eastbound I-94. While construction is underway, the Tollway will continue opening temporary lanes on the weekends to accommodate Six Flags traffic.
- Grand Avenue Bridge Over the Des Plaines: Crews have shifted work from the south side of the bridge to the north side. This project is anticipated to continue through the construction season.
- Union Pacific Railroad Bridge Reconstruction: IDOT is planning to upgrade the Union Pacific Railroad Bridge and widen Grand Avenue at US 41. Work is anticipated to begin in late summer.
- IL 21 Resurfacing: IDOT plans to begin resurfacing Route 21 from Washington Street to US 41 in late summer. This is anticipated to be a fast-moving project that will be completed in a relatively short period of time. Temporary lane closures are expected.
- US 41 Resurfacing: IDOT is conducting road resurfacing on US 41 from IL 21 to IL 173 (north of IL 21). Temporary lane closures are expected throughout the duration of this work. This impacts commuters using US 41 to reach and return from Wisconsin. This should be a relatively fast-moving project, but residents can use Delany Road, I-94, Hunt Club Road or US 45 as alternate routes during the construction period.
2. Village Construction Project Updates
The Village has a number of projects occurring this summer. In addition to the regular updates found on the Village's website , news will be posted on this listserv and on Nextdoor as appropriate. Below are some updates for projects beginning in the near future:
- The Motor Fuel Tax (MFT) Roadway Resurfacing Project: Preliminary work in the Ravinia Woods subdivision is scheduled to start this week and includes concrete saw cutting and potential concrete removal. The affected streets are as follows: Ravinia Dr. (from Dada Dr. to Sierra Pl.), Vista Dr. (from Ravinia Dr. to Dada Dr.), Canyon Ct. and Rippling Ridge Ct. The residences affected will receive door tags prior to construction. The scope of work for this project as a whole includes curb & gutter repairs, pavement milling, pavement patching and asphalt resurfacing in order to provide new and long-lasting roadway surfaces. Please drive slowly and be aware of construction workers and equipment. Upon completion in Ravinia Woods, work will potentially move to Stonebrook Crossings/Concord Oaks.
- Belle Plaine and Magnolia Reconstruction: Belle Plaine is undergoing storm sewer work at this time, and roadway construction is scheduled to begin in mid-June. The new Magnolia roadbed has been completed, and new asphalt is expected to be placed in mid-June.
- Other Work: The Village will begin work, potentially including sidewalk mudjacking and miscellaneous drainage improvements, in a number of areas in the coming weeks. For specific information on all Village projects, see this application  on the Village's website.
For any questions, contact the Engineering Division at (847) 599-7550 .