The Village also periodically emails this information to individuals who have subscribed to the Village-Announce Construction & Development Updates list serve . Information in these emails will also be posted to this page.
If you are interested in subscribing to the list serve or the general Village Announcements list serve, visit the Village List Server page .
Area 1: Ravinia Woods/Bittersweet/Concord Oaks 
Area 2: Stonebrook Crossing/Concord Oaks 
Areas 3, 4, & 5: Brookhaven/Country Trail/East Side 
- Belle Plaine & Magnolia 
2016 Village Crack Sealing Program
- What Is the Crack Sealing Program?
Crack sealing is a process of routing the cracks, cleaning the cracks, and then finally sealing the cracks. This keeps the moisture out of the sub-base to extend the life of the pavement. The sealer will take about ten minutes to dry. Streets will be swept within 48 hours of the work to clean up the debris from routing. Residents are asked to refrain from parking on the roadway while the work is being completed on their street until sweeping of the entire street is completed.
If you have any questions, please contact the Engineering Division at 847-599-7550 between the hours 7:30 am and 4:00 pm.
2016 Village Road Construction Updates
- Magnolia Avenue Reconstruction: Major work has been completed with minor clean up items remaining. Final inspection and acceptance of the work will be performed in spring 2017.
- Belle Plaine Avenue Reconstruction: Major work has been completed with minor clean up items remaining. Final inspection and acceptance of the work will be performed in spring 2017.
- The Motor Fuel Tax (MFT) Roadway Resurfacing Project: Final surfacing has been completed in all areas. Minor clean up items remain. Final inspection and acceptance of the work will be performed in spring 2017.
- IL Route 21/Milwaukee Sidewalk: Staff is recommending award of the sidewalk contract on Monday, September 26th. We are hopeful that installation can be completed this season if severe cold weather holds off until December.
- Fuller Road Drainage Improvement behind Adele Drive: A contractor working for the Village of Gurnee has completed tree and brush removal along Fuller Road and staff is soliciting prices to perform ditch restoration and drainage improvements at this location.
- Right-of-way Tree and Brush Removal: Contractors finished clearing brush and removing dead trees on Fuller Road, First Street, and along the Swanson-Trigg trail to provide access to ditches and clear invasive brush from the right-of-way area. Moving forward, the Village will take a more pro-active approach to keep these areas mowed to prevent regrowth of invasive vegetation.
- Kilbourne Road Floodplain Acquisitions: A contractor working for the Lake County Stormwater Management Commission has completed demolition of the homes at 1001and 1018 Kilbourne Road. The contractor is currently awaiting ComEd disconnection to remove the detached garage structure left at 1001 Kilbourne.
- Blackstone Drainage Improvement East of Hawthorne Ave: A contractor working for the Village of Gurnee began tree and brush removal this week. Upon completion of this operation staff will solicit prices to perform ditch restoration.
- Richard A. Welton Plaza: Reconstruction of the parking began this week. The expected order of operations is pavement removal, storm sewer installation, stone base installation, concrete, and lastly new pavement and pavement striping. Gurnee Community Church is aware of the operations and is working with staff to accommodate weekend traffic for services.
- Lake County Division of Transportation (LCDOT): http://lakecountyil.gov/739/Annual-Construction-Program 
Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT): http://www.gettingaroundillinois.com/gai.htm?mt=cons 
- US Route 41/Grand Avenue Road Widening: The bridge replacement and intersection widening is the next piece of the $24 million US Route 41 at Grand Avenue (IL Route 132) interchange improvement project. Utility relocation work is underway along Grand Ave, which must be done in advance of construction. IDOT has indicated the bridge portion of the project is expected to go out for bid this winter.
- CLCJAWA Water Main Installation – Almond Road: The Central Lake County Joint Action Water Agency (CLCJAWA) will be installing a 20” water main on the west side of Almond Road that goes from Washington Street to the North Grandwood Drive water tower. This project is expected to begin in early October and includes the removal of trees along the roadway. There will be an open house to discuss the project at the Bittersweet Golf Course Club House (875 Almond Rd) on Thursday, September 29th, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.