The Village also periodically emails this information to individuals who have subscribed to the Village-Announce Construction & Development Updates list serve . Information in these emails will also be posted to this page.
If you are interested in subscribing to the list serve or the general Village Announcements list serve, visit the Village List Server page .
Area 1: Ravinia Woods/Bittersweet/Concord Oaks 
Area 2: Stonebrook Crossing/Concord Oaks 
Areas 3, 4, & 5: Brookhaven/Country Trail/East Side 
- Belle Plaine & Magnolia 
2016 Village Crack Sealing Program
- What Is the Crack Sealing Program?
Crack sealing is a process of routing the cracks, cleaning the cracks, and then finally sealing the cracks. This keeps the moisture out of the sub-base to extend the life of the pavement. The sealer will take about ten minutes to dry. Streets will be swept within 48 hours of the work to clean up the debris from routing. Residents are asked to refrain from parking on the roadway while the work is being completed on their street until sweeping of the entire street is completed.
If you have any questions, please contact the Engineering Division at 847-599-7550 between the hours 7:30 am and 4:00 pm.
2016 Village Road Construction Updates
2016 Roadway Rehabilitation Project
• Magnolia Avenue Reconstruction: Landscaping on Magnolia south of Grand Avenue (between Woodlawn Avenue and Blackstone Avenue) is complete. A final layer of asphalt will be put down to smooth the surface and wrap up the project.
• Belle Plaine Avenue Reconstruction: On Belle Plaine Avenue (between Keith Avenue and Crescent Avenue) level binder has been placed. Concrete and sidewalk work will begin next week with final ditching and landscaping to follow.
• The Motor Fuel Tax (MFT) Roadway Resurfacing Project: Final surfacing is underway in Area 4 (includes Birch, Country Trail, Briarwood, Farmgate, and White Oak) and milling is being done in Area 5. Landscaping in all areas will begin shortly.
Other Village Construction Projects
• IL Route 21/Milwaukee Sidewalk: The Village has received plan approval from IDOT for the sidewalk installation along the west side of IL Route 21 between Washington and South Rd. The Recommendation for Award has been announced, look for the project to begin in the near future.
• Richard A. Welton Plaza: Grading of the site is complete and landscaping, including tree planting and seeding, was finished this past week in preparation for Gurnee Days.
• Gurnee Tributary Tree Removal: Tree removal along the Gurnee tributary south of Grand Avenue was completed in anticipation of a streambank stabilization project in the near future. This project will mitigate the severe erosion, which has left the sidewalk south of Grand Avenue impassable. Remaining debris is to be cleared. Survey work has been completed in anticipation for applying to the US Army Corps permit.