The Village also periodically emails this information to individuals who have subscribed to the Village-Announce Construction & Development Updates list serve . Information in these emails will also be posted to this page.
If you are interested in subscribing to the list serve or the general Village Announcements list serve, visit the Village List Server page .
Area 1: Ravinia Woods/Bittersweet/Concord Oaks 
Area 2: Stonebrook Crossing/Concord Oaks 
Areas 3, 4, & 5: Brookhaven/Country Trail/East Side 
- Belle Plaine & Magnolia 
2016 Village Crack Sealing Program
- What Is the Crack Sealing Program?
Crack sealing is a process of routing the cracks, cleaning the cracks, and then finally sealing the cracks. This keeps the moisture out of the sub-base to extend the life of the pavement. The sealer will take about ten minutes to dry. Streets will be swept within 48 hours of the work to clean up the debris from routing. Residents are asked to refrain from parking on the roadway while the work is being completed on their street until sweeping of the entire street is completed.
If you have any questions, please contact the Engineering Division at 847-599-7550 between the hours 7:30 am and 4:00 pm.
2016 Village Road Construction Updates
- Magnolia Avenue Reconstruction: Major work has been completed with minor clean up items remaining.
- Belle Plaine Avenue Reconstruction: On Belle Plaine Avenue (between Keith Avenue and Crescent Avenue) Leveling binder was completed this week and surface course is scheduled for the next. All ditching work is completed and restoration will follow once the surface course is completed.
- The Motor Fuel Tax (MFT) Roadway Resurfacing Project: Final surfacing has been completed in all areas with minor clean up items remaining.
- IL Route 21/Milwaukee Sidewalk: The Village has received plan approval from IDOT for the sidewalk installation along the west side of IL Route 21 between Washington and South Rd. The low bid contractor did not accept a reduced scope project therefore all bids will be rejected and the project will be re-advertised for bidding.
- Gurnee Tributary Tree Removal: Final cleanup of this areas has been completed and staff has submitted an application to the US Army Corps of Engineers for permit. This project will mitigate the severe erosion, which has left the sidewalk south of Grand Avenue impassable.
3. Other Non-Village Construction Projects: Please view the following links to learn more about construction projects taking place outside of the Village of Gurnee's jurisdiction:
- Lake County Division of Transportation (LCDOT): http://lakecountyil.gov/739/Annual-Construction-Program 
- Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT): http://www.gettingaroundillinois.com/gai.htm?mt=cons