The Village also periodically emails this information to individuals who have subscribed to the Village-Announce Construction & Development Updates list serve . Information in these emails will also be posted to this page.
If you are interested in subscribing to the list serve or the general Village Announcements list serve, visit the Village List Server page .
Area 1: Ravinia Woods/Bittersweet/Concord Oaks 
Area 2: Stonebrook Crossing/Concord Oaks 
Areas 3, 4, & 5: Brookhaven/Country Trail/East Side 
- Belle Plaine & Magnolia 
2016 Village Crack Sealing Program
- What Is the Crack Sealing Program?
Crack sealing is a process of routing the cracks, cleaning the cracks, and then finally sealing the cracks. This keeps the moisture out of the sub-base to extend the life of the pavement. The sealer will take about ten minutes to dry. Streets will be swept within 48 hours of the work to clean up the debris from routing. Residents are asked to refrain from parking on the roadway while the work is being completed on their street until sweeping of the entire street is completed.
If you have any questions, please contact the Engineering Division at 847-599-7550 between the hours 7:30 am and 4:00 pm.
2016 Village Road Construction Updates
- 2016 Roadway Rehabilitation Project
- Magnolia Avenue Reconstruction: Landscape work on the northern section of Magnolia (between Glen Flora Avenue and Pacific Avenue) is complete, and driveway paving is underway and will continue in the weeks to follow. The final layer of asphalt will be laid when work on South Magnolia Avenue and Belle Plaine Avenue is complete and, once striped, the project will be complete. Ditching is being done on the section of Magnolia south of Grand Avenue (between Woodlawn Avenue and Blackstone Avenue) with landscaping to follow next week. Excavation for driveway preparation will begin in the following weeks.
- Belle Plaine Avenue Reconstruction: Belle Plaine Avenue (between Keith Avenue and Crescent Avenue) is about halfway through the excavation process, and stone placement is underway. Paving is anticipated to take place in early July.
- The Motor Fuel Tax (MFT) Roadway Resurfacing Project: Area 1 has been surfaced (includes Vineyard, Windmere, Oak Meadow, Cliffwood, Treetop and Snow Cap) and is nearing completion. In Area 2 (includes Buchanan, Hillside, Millstone, Greenfield, Preston, Bradley and Kingsbury), level binder placement has been finished, and the area has been prepared for final asphalt surfacing. Level binder placement has begun in Area 3 (includes Greenhaven, Minthaven, Springhaven and Brookhaven), and patching work is ongoing in Area 4 (includes Birch, Country Trail, Briarwood, Farmgate and White Oak).
- Other Village Construction Projects
- IL Route 21/Milwaukee Sidewalk: The Village has received plan approval from IDOT for the sidewalk installation along the west side of IL Route 21 between Washington St and South Rd. Bids were accepted this past week, and the Recommendation for Award will be made in July.
- 2016 Sanitary Sewer rehabilitation: Sanitary sewer lining on Magnolia and Greenview is complete. Point repairs of the area will commence in the near future. No other updates are available at this time.
- IL Route 132 Water Main – Pine Grove and Waveland: The Village approved a change order to the IL 132 water main relocation contract to replace a deteriorated main along Waveland and to install a new water loop on Pine Grove south of Grand. Work on the water main is complete, and all that remains is brief restoration work on Waveland.
- Richard A. Welton Plaza: Development of the Richard A. Welton Plaza is underway. Concrete work is nearing completion with landscaping to follow in the near future.
- Gurnee Tributary Tree Removal: Tree removal along the Gurnee tributary south of Grand Avenue was completed in anticipation of a streambank stabilization project in the near future. Severe erosion, which has left the sidewalk south of Grand Avenue impassable, will be mitigated within the project.
- IDOT/LCDOT Construction Projects
- IDOT Construction Notice: The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) has advised that all road and highway construction projects statewide will cease on July 1st due to the budget impasse. This will not directly affect any projects currently underway in Gurnee due to the postponing of work on the Union Pacific Railroad Bridge and the surrounding areas.
- Union Pacific Railroad Bridge Reconstruction: IDOT is planning to upgrade the Union Pacific Railroad Bridge and widen Grand Avenue at US 41. IDOT has postponed the bidding process to September with construction expected to begin in the spring of 2017.
- Grand Avenue Widening west of US 41: In conjunction with the Railroad Bridge Reconstruction, IDOT will begin widening Grand Avenue between Ferndale Street and Greenview. Lane closures can be expected. Currently subcontractors for AT&T are working on relocation of their facilities in the area with tree removal taking place.