VILLAGE OF GURNEE
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
- Notice to Bidders: 2013 Street Maintenance Program (PDF) 
- April 19, 2013 Plan Holders List 
- April 25, 2013 Tabulation of Bidders 
Local Agency: Gurnee
Time and Place of Opening of Bids
Sealed proposals for the improvement described below will be received at the office of Village of Gurnee, Engineering Division – 325 N. O’Plaine Road, Gurnee, IL 60031 until 10:30 A.M., April 25, 2013.
Proposals will be opened and read publicly at 10:30A.M., April 25, 2013 at the office of Village of Gurnee - 325 N. O’Plaine Road, Gurnee, IL 60031.
Description of Work
Name: 2013 Street Maintenance Program – 13-00000-01GM
Length: 17,325 feet ( 3.3 miles)
Location: Various locations within the corporate limits of the Village of Gurnee, Lake County, Illinois.
Hot-Mix Surf. Removal, HMA Pvmt. Patching, Leveling Binder, Area Refl. Crack Cntrl., HMA Surf. Course, Curb & Gutter Rem. & Repl., Sidewalk Removal & Replacement, Storm Inlet Adjustments, M.H. Adjustments, Thermoplastic Pavement Markings and other associated improvements.
1. Plans and proposal forms will be available in the office of Village of Gurnee Engineering Division at 325 N. O’Plaine Road, Gurnee, IL 60031 for a Non-Refundable cost of $50. (847) 599-7550
2. If prequalification is required , the 2 low bidders must file within 24 hours after the letting an “Affidavit of Availability” (Form BC 57), in triplicate, showing all uncompleted contracts awarded to them and all low bids pending award for Federal, State, County, Municipal and private work. One copy shall be filed with the Awarding Authority and 2 copies
with the IDOT District Office. Submittal of current IDOT Certificate of Eligibility (BC-733) shall be required as a prerequisite to the release of proposal forms by the Awarding Authority.
3. All proposals must be accompanied by a proposal guaranty as provided in BLRS Special Provision for Bidding Requirements and Conditions for Contract Proposals contained in the “Supplemental Specifications and Recurring Special Provisions.”
4. The Awarding Authority reserves the right to waive technicalities and to reject any or all proposals as provided in BLRS Special Provision for Bidding Requirements and Conditions for Contract Proposals contained in the “Supplemental Specifications and Recurring Special Provisions.”
5. Bidders need not return the entire contract proposal when bids are submitted unless otherwise required. Portions of the proposal that must be returned include the following:
a. BLR 12210 - Contract Cover
b. BLR 12220 - Notice to Bidders
c. BLR 12221 - Contract Proposal
d. BLR 12222 - Contract Schedule of Prices
e. BLR 12223 - Signatures
f. BLR 12230 - Proposal Bid Bond (if applicable)
g. BLR 12325 – Apprenticeship or Training Program Certification (do not use for federally funded projects)
6. The quantities appearing in the bid schedule are approximate and are prepared for the comparison of bids. Payment to the Contractor will be made only for the actual quantities of work performed and accepted or materials furnished according to the contract. The scheduled quantities of work to be done and materials to be furnished may be increased, decreased or omitted as hereinafter provided.
7. Submission of a bid shall be conclusive assurance and warranty the bidder has examined the plans and understands all requirements for the performance of work. The bidder will be responsible for all errors in the proposal resulting from failure or neglect to conduct an in depth examination. The Awarding Authority will, in no case be responsible for any costs, expenses, losses or changes in anticipated profits resulting from such failure or neglect of the bidder.
8. The bidder shall take no advantage of any error or omission in the proposal and advertised contract.
9. If a special envelope is supplied by the Awarding Authority, each proposal should be submitted in that envelope furnished by the Awarding Agency and the blank spaces on the envelope shall be filled in correctly to clearly indicate its contents. When an envelope other than the special one furnished by the Awarding Authority is used, it shall be marked to clearly indicate its contents. When sent by mail, the sealed proposal shall be addressed to the Awarding Authority at the address and in care of the official in whose office the bids are to be received. All proposals shall be filed prior to the time and at the place specified in the Notice to Bidders. Proposals received after the time specified will be returned to the bidder unopened.
10. Permission will be given to a bidder to withdraw a proposal if the bidder makes the request in writing or in person before the time for opening proposals. Contractor shall not pay less than the prevailing rates of wages to all laborers, workmen, and mechanics performing work under this contract, and shall comply with the requirements of the Illinois Wages of Employees on Public Works Act (820 ILCS 130/1-12).
By Order of
Village of Gurnee (Awarding Authority)
Andy Harris - Municipal Clerk
Note: All proposal documents, including Proposal Guaranty Checks or Proposal Bid Bonds, should be stapled together to prevent loss when bids are processed.