7:15pm Public Hearing on the proposed Annual Appropriation Ordinance for the Fiscal Year May 1, 2013 through April 30, 2014.
GURNEE VILLAGE BOARD
Regular Meeting of May 20, 2013
Call to Order and Roll Call
Pledge of Allegiance
A. PUBLIC COMMENT
B. APPROVAL OF CONSENT AGENDA AS PRESENTED
C. CONSENT AGENDA/OMNIBUS VOTE (Roll Call Vote)
(All items under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Trustee so requests. In which event, the discussion will be the first item of business after approval of the Consent Agenda.)
1. Approval of minutes from the May 6, 2013 Village Board Meeting.
2. Approval of Ord. 2013 - approving the appointment of director and alternate director as representatives to the Central Lake County Joint Action Water Agency.
3. Approval of Ord. 2013 - accepting the Final Plat of Dilley’s & Grand Planned Unit Subdivision.
4. Approval of Res. 2013 - approving a contract with Constellation NewEnergy for the provision of electricity for street lights.
5. Approval of a fireworks permit for Six Flags Great America:
a. June 14 – August 11, 2013, igNight Fireworks Permit
b. June 22 – 23, 2013, Mardi Gras Fireworks Permit
c. July 4, 2013, July Fourth Fireworks Permit
6. Approval of setting bid date of June 11, 2013 for Public Works Unit #267 central hydraulic system, dump body, snow plow, and spreader.
7. Approval of setting a bid date of June 20, 2013 for 2013 Detention Basin Improvement Project.
8. Approval of Payroll for period ending May 4, 2013 in the amount of $722,371.75.
9. Approval of Payroll Transfer Journal for period ending May 4, 2013, in the amount of $717,656.82.
10. Approval of Bills for the period ending May 20, 2013 in the amount of $2,423,803.34.
D. PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
1. Approval of Proclamation designating May 19 – 25, 2013 as “National Emergency Medical Services Week” in the Village of Gurnee.
2. Presentation of Police Awards for the calendar year 2012:
a. DUI arrests:
Ofc J.R. Nauseda 22 arrests 4-time recipient
b. IDOT DUI arrests since January 1, 2001:
Ofc. Brian Funke 25 DUI pin
Ofc. David Bertaud 50 DUI pin
Ofc. Daniel Pacheco 50 DUI pin
c. Traffic citations for passenger restraint enforcement and speed enforcement:
Ofc William Stashkiw 6-time recipient
Ofc Mark Gliva 5-time recipient
Ofc Dana Dingman 4-time recipient
Ofc James Lazaro 4-time recipient
Ofc James Caldwell III 3-time recipient
Ofc J.R. Nauseda 3-time recipient
Ofc David Bertaud 2-time recipient
Ofc Richard Vorpagel III 1st Award
3. Presentation from Bernadette Komenda on Warren Township High School Job Shadowing Program.
F. OLD BUSINESS
G. NEW BUSINESS
1. Approval of Ord. 2013 - establishing the Annual Appropriation Ordinance for Fiscal Year 2013-2014.
2. Approval of Ord. 2013 - authorizing an intergovernmental agreement by and between the Illinois Office of the Comptroller and the Village of Gurnee regarding access to the Comptroller’s Local Debt Recovery Program.
3. Approval of Ord. 2013 - approving the terms of an Intergovernmental Agreement for Gurnee Grade School #56 School Resource Officer.
4. Approval of Ord. 2013 - approving the terms of an Intergovernmental Agreement for Warren Township High School District #121 School Resource Officer.
5. Approval of Ord. 2013 - granting a minor amendment to the Planned Unit Development (approved as Ordinance 1992-127), on the petition of Wendy’s, for property located at the southwest corner of Grand Avenue and Hunt Club Road (Grand-Hunt Center).
6. Approval of Ord. 2013 - amending Gurnee Municipal Code, Chapter 22, Article IV “Bathing and Massage Establishments.”
7. Approval of Ord. 2013 - amending Chapter 22 of the Gurnee Municipal Code to renumber the sections and subsections of Article V “Regulations Pertaining to the Immobilization of Motor Vehicles on Private Property” to Chapter 78 “Traffic and Vehicles” and add a new Article V to Chapter 22 entitled “Body Modification/Tattoo Establishments.”
H. PUBLIC COMMENT
I. EXECUTIVE SESSION