Gurnee, IL— The Gurnee Police Department conducted increased impaired driver and safety restraint enforcement activities throughout the village beginning May 10th and running through May 27th, 2013.
This was the third and fourth of 13 scheduled campaigns that will be conducted during the 2012-2013 Strategic Traffic Enforcement Plan (STEP) grant year.
Funded by a grant from the Illinois Department of Transportation and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, these enforcement actions were conducted in order to remove drunk and drugged drivers from the roadways and enforce safety restraint laws.
These grant-funded deployments, including a roadside safety checkpoint, were in addition to officers conducting their regularly assigned patrol duties. The results of these enforcement operations are as follows:
- Total number of extra hours worked: 150
- Number of officers involved: 22
- Numbers of special details conducted: 14
- Number of drug/alcohol-related arrests: 4
- Number of safety restraint violations: 62
- Number of vehicles stopped: 103
- Total number of citations written: 150
- Total number of patrol miles driven: 486
Cmdr. Jay J. Patrick
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org