GURNEE VILLAGE BOARD
Regular Meeting of August 5, 2013
Call to Order and Roll Call
Pledge of Allegiance
A. PUBLIC COMMENT
B. APPROVAL OF CONSENT AGENDA AS PRESENTED
C. CONSENT AGENDA/OMNIBUS VOTE (Roll Call Vote)
(All items under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Trustee so requests. In which event, the discussion will be the first item of business after approval of the Consent Agenda.)
1. Approval of the minutes from the July 15, 2013 and July 22, 2013 Village Board meetings.
2. Approval of Ord. 2013 - authorizing acceptance of deed for vacant property located on Ellis Avenue, Gurnee, Illinois 60031.
3. Approval of a fireworks permit for the 2013 Gurnee Days event.
4. Approval of request to waive bidding requirements and award five year Telecommunications Service Agreement to TDS Metrocom at a total cost of $26,400.00.
5. Approval of request for Communications Shift Leader Wendy Mann, Police Detective Mike Mann, Records Supervisor John Petersen and Records Assistant Becky Stutts to attend the PSSI User Group Conference in Las Vegas, NV from November 11-14, 2013 at estimated cost of $3,300.00.
6. Approval of Public Works Director Tom Rigwood’s request to participate in the Village’s tuition assistance program in pursuit of a Masters Degree in Public Administration from Keller Graduate School of Management.
7. Approval of request to set bid date of August 27, 2013 for Police Department Community Service Officer Unit #171 replacement.
8. Approval of Payroll for period ending July 13, 2013 in the amount of $748,080.91.
9. Approval of Payroll Transfer Journal for period ending July 13, 2013, in the amount of $744,192.22.
10. Approval of Payroll for period ending July 27, 2013 in the amount of $736,644.87. –
11. Approval of Payroll Transfer Journal for period ending July 27, 2013, in the amount of $$732,094.46.
12. Approval of Bills for the period ending August 5, 2013 in the amount of $1,347,983.15.
D. PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
1. Approval of Proclamation designating August 4 – 10, 2013 as “National Stop on Red” Week.
2. Approval of Proclamation honoring Lisa Sheppard for being selected the 2013 Gurnee Days Honoree.
3. Acceptance of George Iler’s resignation from the Civil Service Commission and presentation of Plaque of Appreciation.
4. Approval of Mayor Kovarik’s recommendation to appoint Gretchen Neddenriep to fill the vacant Civil Service Commissioner position.
5. Approval of Mayor Kovarik’s recommendation to appoint Lori Hubbartt as Chairwoman of the Civil Service Commission.
F. OLD BUSINESS
G. NEW BUSINESS
1. Approval of Ord. 2013 - granting a Minor Amendment to Special Use Permit Ordinance No. 88-117, as amended, pursuant to the Gurnee Zoning Ordinance for property located at 6570 – 6590 Grand Avenue.
2. Approval of Ord. 2013 - granting a Special Use Permit pursuant to the Gurnee Zoning Ordinance for property located at 6570 – 6590 Grand Avenue.
3. Approval of Ord. 2013 - granting a Minor Amendment to Special Use Permit Ordinance No. 88-117, as amended, pursuant to the Gurnee Zoning Ordinance for property located on 1.22 acres at the northwest corner of Grand Avenue and Hunt Club Road.
4. Approval of Ord. 2013 - authorizing transfer of $550,000.00 from the Impact Fund to the Capital Improvement Fund.
H. PUBLIC COMMENT