Gurnee, IL— The Gurnee Police Department conducted enhanced impaired driver and safety restraint enforcement activities throughout the village from August 26th through September 2nd, 2013.
Funded by a grant from the Illinois Department of Transportation and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, these enforcement actions were conducted in order to remove drunk and drugged drivers from the roadways and enforce safety restraint laws.
These grant-funded deployments, including a roadside safety checkpoint, were in addition to officers conducting their regularly assigned patrol duties. The results of these enforcement operations are as follows:
- Total number of extra hours worked: 145.5
- Number of officers involved: 19
- Numbers of special details conducted: 22
- Number of drug/alcohol-related arrests: 5
- Number of safety restraint violations: 74
- Number of vehicles stopped: 117
- Total number of citations written: 147
- Total number of patrol miles driven: 346
Cmdr. William Meyer
Email: BillJM@police.gurnee.il.us