The Village of Gurnee Police Department requests that all trick-or-treaters limit haunting to the hours of 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 26, 2014. The Village also asks that you be respectful of your neighbors while trick-or-treating--go only to homes of people you know. If you have questions regarding trick-or-treating hours, please contact the Village of Gurnee Police Department at (847) 599-7000.
Halloween Precautions: Have a Safe and Spooky Halloween!
When getting your little ghosts and goblins ready for an afternoon on the town trick-or-treating, please remember these safety pointers provided by the Village of Gurnee Police Department. Halloween is meant to be spooky and fun, but it is also important to keep it safe for your children, your friends, and yourself:
- Be certain that an adult or a responsible teenager accompanies your children.
- Know which friends will accompany your children.
- Trick-or-Treat in your own neighborhood, only go to houses where it appears people are at home.
- Know the exact route your children are taking.
- Inform your children to never enter a stranger's house--even if invited.
- Be sure that costumes fit properly to prevent tripping and falling.
- Masks should always allow for clear and unrestricted vision.
- Keep well off the streets and remove masks before crossing the streets.
- Examine your children's treats when they return home before allowing them to eat anything.
- Report anything suspicious to the Village of Gurnee Police Department.
- Do not leave your home unattended the day of Trick-or-Treating.
If your children are Trick-or-Treating outside of Gurnee after dark, make sure they take along a flashlight to see where they are going and to let the drivers see them.