VILLAGE OF GURNEE
PLANNING AND ZONING BOARD AGENDA
DATE: November 6, 2013
TIME: 7:30 P.M.
PLACE: Gurnee Village Hall, 325 North O’Plaine Road
1. Call to Order and Roll Call
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Public Comment
4. Approval of the Planning and Zoning Board’s September 11, 2013 meeting minutes
5. Public Hearing: Special Use Permits & Special Use Permit – Major Amendment
(350 N. Hunt Club Road)
Dixit Patel is requesting the following items: 1) Special Use Permit to allow the establishment of a drive-thru restaurant; 2) Major Amendment to a Special Use Permit (Ord. 2004-49) to allow 153 square feet of illuminated LED tubing on a service station canopy; 3) Special Use Permit to allow a menu board sign to be larger than 36 square feet; and 4) Such other relief as may be necessary to accomplish the applicant’s development plan. The subject parcel is located at 350 N. Hunt Club Road (NWC Hunt Club & Washington) and is zoned C/B-2, Community Business District.
6. Minor Sign Exception: Dixit Patel (350 N. Hunt Club Road)
Dixit Patel is requesting the following Minor Exceptions: 1) To allow the LED on the south canopy edge to exceed 70% of the canopy length; 2) To allow a directional sign to exceed the 3 foot mounting height; 3) To allow a multi-tenant ground sign to not have 40% of the sign area devoted to the center’s name and address; and 4) To allow a menu board sign to be located closer than 75 feet to a residential zoning district. The subject parcel is located at 350 N. Hunt Club Road (NWC Hunt Club & Washington) and is zoned C/B-2, Community Business District.
7. Approval of the Planning and Zoning Board’s 2014 Meeting Schedule
8. Next Meeting Date: November 20, 2013