Gurnee, IL-- The Gurnee Police Department recently secured a traffic enforcement grant through the Illinois Department of Transportation, Division of Traffic Safety. This is the first campaign of six that will be conducted during the 2013-2014 grant year.
This campaign will be operational from November 18th to December 3rd. During this time period, the police department will deploy saturation patrols in order to remove drunk and drugged drivers from the roadways. Officers will also focus on safety belt and child restraint device compliance during the overnight hours from 9:00 PM to 6:00 AM.
Plan Ahead and Never Drink and Drive
- Even one drink can impair your judgment and increase the risk of getting arrested for driving drunk—or worse, the risk of having a crash while driving.
- If you will be drinking, do not plan on driving. Plan ahead; designate a sober driver before the party begins.
- If you have been drinking, do not drive. Call a taxi, phone a sober friend or family member, use public transportation.
- Be responsible. If someone you know is drinking, do not let that person get behind the wheel.
- If you see an impaired driver on the road, contact law enforcement. Your actions may save someone’s life, and inaction could cost a life.
Remember: Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over
Cmdr. William Meyer
Email: BillJM@police.gurnee.il.us