VILLAGE OF GURNEE
CIVIL SERVICE MEETING
October 8, 3013
Present: Lori Hubbartt, Chairperson; Ty Bonds, Commissioner; Gretchen Neddenriep, Commissioner
Visitors: Christine Palmieri, Director of Human Resources; Tom Rigwood, Director of Public Works
Meeting called to order at 7:07 p.m. by Chairperson Hubbartt
AYE: 3 Bonds, Hubbartt, and Neddenriep
Public Comment – None
Motion to Approve Minutes: Bonds moved and Neddenriep second; all Aye
Approval of Bills: Franczek Radelet: all Aye
Renewal of Illinois Fire and Police Commission membership; defer renewal until later date if necessary; all aye
Police Department Items:
- Acknowledgement of Notice of Vacancy
- Acknowledgement and review of miscellaneous correspondence from Police Officer candidates
- Review of Police Sergeant initial eligibility list
- Review of Police Officer initial eligibility list
Fire Department Items:
- Review of Firefighter / Paramedic Final Eligibility List
Public Works Items:
Executive Session: The Chairperson stated that tonight’s executive session will reference 5 ILCS 120/2 2(c) (1) regarding the appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of specific employees of the public body, including hearing testimony on a complaint lodged against an employee of the public body to determine its validity.
It was moved by Bonds, seconded by Neddenriep to adjourn the meeting into Executive Session.
Aye: 3 – Hubbartt, Bonds, Neddenriep
Nay: 0 – None
Adjournment to Executive Session: Chairperson Hubbartt adjourned the meeting into Executive Session at 7:29 p.m.
Recall to Order
Chairperson Hubbartt recalled the meeting to order at 8:03 p.m.
- Certification / Non-Certification of Lateral Police Officer; certification granted, all aye
- Certification / Non-Certification of Maintenance Worker I candidate; certification not granted; all aye
- Review of proposed 2014 Meeting Schedule; all aye
Adjournment - Bonds moved to adjourn, seconded by Neddenriep; all aye; motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 8:09 pm