VILLAGE OF GURNEE
CIVIL SERVICE MEETING
November 26, 2013
Present: Lori Hubbartt, Chairperson; Ty Bonds, Commissioner; Gretchen Neddenriep, Commissioner
Staff: Christine Palmieri, Director of Human Resources; Kevin Woodside, Chief of Police
Public: None present
Meeting called to order at 7:02 p.m. by Chairperson Hubbartt
AYE: 3 Bonds, Hubbartt, and Neddenriep
Public Comment – None
Motion to Approve Minutes: Bonds moved and Neddenriep second; all Aye
Approval of Bills: none available
Police Department Items:
- No items
Fire Department Items:
- Acknowledgement of Notice of Vacancy
- Review and approval of Fire Promotional Timeline for Fire Lieutenant and Fire Captain
Public Works Items:
- Review and approval of Maintenance Worker I Recruitment Timeline
Executive Session: The Chairperson stated that tonight’s executive session will reference 5 ILCS 120/2 2(c) (1) regarding the appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of specific employees of the public body, including hearing testimony on a complaint lodged against an employee of the public body to determine its validity.
It was moved by Bonds, seconded by Neddenriep to adjourn the meeting into Executive Session.
Aye: 3 – Hubbartt, Bonds, Neddenriep
Nay: 0 – None
Adjournment to Executive Session: Chairperson Hubbartt adjourned the meeting into Executive Session at 7:17 p.m.
Recall to Order
Chairperson Hubbartt recalled the meeting to order at 7:32 p.m.
- Certification / Non-Certification of Police Officer candidates: Commissioners certified three Police Officer candidates to continue on in the hiring process; the remaining five candidates were not certified; all aye
- Certification / Non-Certification of Maintenance Worker I candidate; Commissioners certified the next candidate on the Maintenance Worker I list; all aye
- Review of Diversity reports for Police and Fire recruitments: Commission members reviewed the diversity statistics of the recruitment process and resulting eligibility lists for Police Officer and Firefighter / Paramedic candidates.
Adjournment - Bonds moved to adjourn, seconded by Neddenriep; all aye; motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 7:46 pm