This year's final Christmas Tree Collection date will occur next Wednesday, February 5th. Trees placed out after this date will not be collected.
Following is a list of this year's pick-up dates:
- Wednesday, January 15, 2014
- Wednesday, January 22, 2014
- Wednesday, January 29, 2014
- Wednesday, February 5, 2014
The following guidelines must be followed in order for the tree to be collected:
- Place the tree at the curb or the edge of the street by 7:00 a.m. on the pick-up day
- Remove all lights and decorations
- Do NOT place the tree in a plastic bag
- Place the tree on top of the snow in order to increase its visibility.
Failure to remove decorations or placing the tree in a plastic bag will result in the tree not being collected that week and, consequently, the resident will have to wait until the following week. Trees placed out after February 5th will not be collected. For any questions, please contact Waste Management at 847-395-2020.
Alternatively, if you do not want to wait for Waste Management's collection, trees may also be donated to the Lake County Forest Preserve (LCFP). Details on how to donate can be found on their website: http://www.lcfpd.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.details&intObjectId=28060