Gurnee, IL—Beginning December 20th and running through January 5th, 2014 the Gurnee Police Department conducted enhanced safety restraint and impaired driving enforcement activities throughout the village.
Funded by a grant from the Illinois Department of Transportation and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, these enforcement actions were conducted in order to increase safety restraint compliance and to remove impaired drivers from our roadways.
These nine deployments were in addition to officers conducting their regular patrol duties. The results of these additional enforcement operations are as follows:
- Number of extra hours worked: 39
- Number of officers involved: 6
- Number of vehicles stopped: 27
- Number of extra details conducted: 9
- Number of safety restraint violations: 10
- Number drug/alcohol-related arrests: 2
- Number of speeding citations: 3
- Number of citations issued: 36
- Number of patrol miles driven: 606
- END -
Cmdr. William Meyer
Email: BillJM@police.gurnee.il.us