GURNEE VILLAGE BOARD
Regular Meeting of January 27, 2014
Call to Order and Roll Call
Pledge of Allegiance
A. PUBLIC COMMENT
B. APPROVAL OF CONSENT AGENDA AS PRESENTED
C. CONSENT AGENDA/OMNIBUS VOTE (Roll Call Vote)
(All items under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Trustee so requests. In which event, the discussion will be the first item of business after approval of the Consent Agenda.)
1. Approval of minutes from the January 6, 2014 meeting.
2. Approval of Information System Division’s request to utilize Robert Half Technology for securing contractual employee for the remainder of FY 13/14.
3. Approval of request to waive bidding requirements and award one-year Village Hall janitorial contract to SCC Cleaning Company, Inc. at a cost of $27,844.00.
4. Approval of Public Works recommendation to purchase a Clark C25L lift truck from the low bidder, National Lift Truck, at a price of $19,629.60 (Public Works Unit 210 replacement).
5. Approval of Payroll for period ending January 11, 2014 in the amount of $780,826.08.
6. Approval of Payroll Transfer Journal for period ending January 11, 2014 in the amount of $776,063.40.
7. Approval of Bills for the period ending January 27, 2014 in the amount of $1,376,109.35.
D. PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
1. Approval of a Proclamation designating February 2014 as African American History Month in the Village of Gurnee.
2. Approval of Mayor Kovarik’s recommended appoint of Rob Elbrecht to Chairman of the Economic Development Committee.
3. Confirmation of proposed FY 14/15 Budget Hearing Dates:
• 5:00 P.M., March 3, 2014 and;
• 7:30 P.M., March 31, 2014.
F. OLD BUSINESS
G. NEW BUSINESS
1. Approval Ord. 2014 - granting a Special Use Permit, pursuant to the Gurnee Zoning Ordinance, relating to the establishment and operation of a drive-thru restaurant and for the installation of a menu board sign exceeding 36 square feet at 350 North Hunt Club Road.
2. Approval Ord. 2014 - granting a Major Amendment to Special Use Permit Ordinance No. 2004-49 pursuant to the Gurnee Zoning Ordinance relating to the installation of illuminated LED tubing on a service station canopy for 350 North Hunt Club Road.
3. Approval Ord. 2014 - granting a Special Use Permit, pursuant to the Gurnee Zoning Ordinance, relating to the establishment of outside storage on property located at 4230 Lee Avenue.
H. PUBLIC COMMENT