The National Weather Service has issued a wind chill warning  for the entire northeastern Illinois region which will remain in effect until Wednesday, January 29th at 9 a.m. Negative temperatures and dangerously low wind chills are expected to continue through Wednesday morning. Particularly hazardous conditions will occur during tonight's overnight hours as temperatures dip to near record-breaking lows. Residents are strongly encouraged to avoid prolonged exposure to the cold. The following information has been compiled to assist residents and businesses during the warning period:
- A list of tips for managing extreme cold can be found on the Village's website .
- A list of warming centers in Lake County is also available on the Village's website .
- Earlier today, Districts 50 , 56  and 121  and Warren-Newport Public Library  announced that they will be closed on Tuesday, January 28th due to the cold. Gurnee Park District  has also cancelled a number of events. For the latest information on closings and cancellations, visit each government's individual website.
- At this time, Waste Management has not announced any alteration in this coming week's collection schedule. Should a delay be announced, it will be posted on the Village's website and distributed through social media and the e-mail listserv .
- The Village is open and all regularly scheduled meetings will continue as planned.