As discussed in March's issue of Keeping Posted,  the Village is currently seeking feedback on the issue of road management and how an enhanced road maintenance program could be funded. The following is a list of resources to get more information on the general topic as well as ways to give feedback to the Village:
Information on Roads, Capital Infrastructure and Spending:
- The Village's Press Release for the Town Hall Meeting on roads held on Wednesday, February 19th can be found at this link .
- The recording of the Wednesday, February 19th Town Hall meeting (including the question and answer session) can be found at this link .
- A copy of the staff's PowerPoint presentation for the Town Hall meeting can be found linked below.
- An objective fact sheet on the Village's roads, their condition and annual spending can be found at this link .
- The Village's Fiscal Year 2014/2015 proposed budget (which, at this time, includes no new taxes or revenue for roads) can be found at this link . Specific discussion of funding on roads and other capital infrastructure is in Section 6.
Ways to Give Feedback Or Ask Questions:
- Submit an online comment at this link .
- Send an e-mail to the Village Board at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Send a letter to Village Hall at 325 N. O'Plaine Road, Gurnee, IL 60031.
- Send us a message on social media (Twitter or Nextdoor ).
Please send all feedback by Friday, March 21st for Village Board consideration. For any questions, please contact Village Hall at (847) 599-7500.
|2014 Town Hall Presentation.ppt ||1.05 MB|