7:15 P.M. Public Hearing on the proposed Annual Appropriation Ordinance for the Fiscal Year May 1, 2014 through April 30, 2015.
GURNEE VILLAGE BOARD
Regular Meeting of May 19, 2014
Call to Order and Roll Call
Pledge of Allegiance
A. PUBLIC COMMENT
B. APPROVAL OF CONSENT AS PRESENTED
C. CONSENT AGENDA/OMNIBUS VOTE (Roll Call Vote)
(All items under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Trustee so requests. In which event, the discussion will be the first item of business after approval of the Consent Agenda.)
1. Approval of contract extension with Giant Maintenance & Restoration, Inc. for fire hydrant sandblasting, priming and painting project, at 2013 cost of $72.35 per hydrant.
2. Approval of Engineering Division request to contract with McClure Engineering Associates, Inc., for roadway rehabilitation oversight at a cost not to exceed $100,000.00.
3. Approval of appearance compatibility for installation of three Sprint antennas and associated radio units at a height of 150 feet on the existing monopole at 1151 Kilbourne Road.
4. Approval of setting bid date of June 10, 2014 for Police Department Community Service Officer Unit #172.
5. Approval of Payroll for period ending May 3, 2014 in the amount of $755,973.03.
6. Approval of Payroll Transfer Journal for period ending May 3, 2014 in the amount of $750,272.41.
7. Approval of Bills for the period ending May 19, 2014 in the amount of $1,070,421.59.
D. PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
1. Approval of Proclamation designating May 18 – 24, 2014 as “National Emergency Medical Services Week” in the Village of Gurnee.
2. Presentation of plaque to Andrew Miller in honor of achieving the rank of Eagle Scout.
3. Presentation of Police Awards for the calendar year 2013:
a. DUI arrests:
Officer J.R. Nauseda 26 Arrests 6-Time Recipient
Officer James Caldwell III 22 Arrests
b. IDOT DUI arrests since January 1, 2001:
Officer J.R Nauseda 200 DUI Pin
Officer Martin Deperte 100 DUI Pin
Officer William Stashkiw 100 DUI Pin
Officer James Caldwell III 75 DUI Pin
Officer Scott Kotrba 75 DUI Pin
Officer Dana Dingman 50 DUI Pin
Officer Kenneth Heerdegen 25 DUI Pin
Officer Daniel Ruth 25 DUI Pin
c. Traffic citations for passenger restraint enforcement and speed enforcement:
Officer James Caldwell III
Officer Dana Dingman
Officer Martin DePerte
Officer Brian Funke
Officer Mark Gliva
Officer Kelly Hansen
Officer J.R. Nauseda
Officer William Stashkiw
Officer Michael Stoner
Officer Richard Vorpagel III
Officer Thomas Yencich
F. OLD BUSINESS
1. Approval of Ord. 2014 - granting a minor PUD Amendment, pursuant to the Gurnee Zoning Ordinance, to allow a modification to the allowed signage for Gurnee Hyundai and Gurnee Volkswagen, located at 6251 and 6301 Grand Avenue.
G. NEW BUSINESS
1. Approval of Ord. 2014 - establishing the Annual Appropriation Ordinance for Fiscal Year 2014-2015.
2. Approval of Ord. 2014 - approving an agreement between the Village of Gurnee and Waste Management North, a Division of Waste Management of Illinois, Inc.
3. Approval of group dental insurance with Delta Dental - 18 month period beginning July 1, 2014.
4. Approval of a fireworks permit for Six Flags Great America on Saturday, May 24th and Sunday, May 25th at 9:45 p.m. – display to be launched from southwest corner of the property.
H. PUBLIC COMMENT
I. EXECUTIVE SESSION