News about the Engineering Division

Ramp Scheduled to Reopen this Week in Gurnee on Tri-State Tollway (I-94) Grand Avenue Interchange

The Village has received notice from the Illinois Tollway that the ramp carrying traffic from westbound Grand Avenue to the westbound Tri-State Tollway (I-94) in Gurnee is scheduled to reopen prior to Thanksgiving, weather permitting. Work on additional ramps is also scheduled to end soon as construction winds down for winter. This progress marks the end of the first year of the two year, $19.4 million Grand Avenue Interchange Project. 

Read More

What is the Crack Sealing Program?

Crack sealing is a process of routing the cracks, cleaning the cracks, and then finally sealing the cracks. This keeps the moisture out of the sub-base to extend the life of the pavement. The sealer will take about ten minutes to dry. Streets will be swept within 48 hours of the work to clean up the debris from routing. Residents are asked to refrain from parking on the roadway while the work is being completed on their street until sweeping of the entire street is completed.

Read More

How do I learn more about the Community Development Department?

To learn more about the Community Development Department, including the Building Safety, Engineering, Planning & Zoning, and Property Maintenance Divisions, please refer to the A-Z of Community Development. This alphabetical guide will help you quickly find information on departmental topics, as well as direct links to applications and additional details that are available on the Village of Gurnee website.

Read More

Stormwater Pollution Prevention

The Village of Gurnee has implemented a Stormwater Management Program Plan (SMPP) to meet the minimum standards required by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) under the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Phase II program. Federal regulations through the USEPA require that all Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4s), partially or fully in urbanized areas based on the 2000 census, obtain stormwater permits for their discharges into receiving waters.

Read More