7:00 PM Public Hearing to seek comment on the advisability of awarding a franchise contract for the collection of commercial refuse and recycling to Waste Management of Illinois.
GURNEE VILLAGE BOARD
Regular Meeting of April 7, 2014
Call to Order and Roll Call
Pledge of Allegiance
A. PUBLIC COMMENT
B. APPROVAL OF CONSENT AS PRESENTED
C. CONSENT AGENDA/OMNIBUS VOTE (Roll Call Vote)
(All items under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Trustee so requests. In which event, the discussion will be the first item of business after approval of the Consent Agenda.)
1. Approval of Ord. 2014 - authorizing the transfer of $3,400,000.00 from the General Fund to the Capital Improvement Fund.
2. Approval of Ord. 2014 - authorizing the transfer of $7,079.09 from the Mall Redevelopment Fund to the Debt Service Fund.
3. Approval of awarding contract extension for landscape mowing services to Gilio Landscape Contractors at 2011 price and a cost not to exceed $85,790.00.
4. Approval of awarding 2014 street sweeping program to the low bidder, TKG Sweeping & Services, Inc. at a cost not to exceed $40,000.00 (Lake County Municipal League Cooperative Purchasing Program).
5. Approval of request to award 2014 Server Storage Expansion Project to Storage Networks Corporation at a price of $85,465.00.
6. Approval of Request for Qualifications related to construction management services for the 2014 Roadway Rehabilitation Program.
7. Approval of Payroll for period ending March 22, 2014 in the amount of $712,702.24.
8. Approval of Payroll Transfer Journal for period ending March 22, 2014 in the amount of $705,885.41.
9. Approval of Bills for the period ending April 7, 2014 in the amount of $660,886.15.
D. PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
1. Presentation of Gurnee Teacher of the Year awards:
• Judy Lawrence – Gurnee School District 56
• Roshaunda Henson – Woodland School District 50
• Bob Mayne – Warren Township High School District 121
2. Approval of Proclamation designating April 13 - 19, 2014 as “National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week” in the Village of Gurnee.
3. Approval of Proclamation designating April as “9-1-1 Education Month” in the Village of Gurnee.
4. Approval of Proclamation designating April as “Child Abuse Prevention Month” in the Village of Gurnee.
F. OLD BUSINESS
G. NEW BUSINESS
1. Approval of Ord. 2014 - amending Chapter 62, Sections 62-2 and 62-5 of the Gurnee Municipal Code to license and regulate commercial waste collection franchises.
2. Approval of Ord. 2014 - authorizing execution of an agreement between the Village of Gurnee and Waste Management of Illinois for commercial waste hauling services.
3. Approval of Ord. 2014 - authorizing execution of the First Amendment to a contract with FirstEnergy Solutions for the provision of electricity for the Village of Gurnee’s Electrical Aggregation Program (fixed rate of 6.69¢/kWh).
4. Approval of Res. 2014 - establishing certain property of the Village of Gurnee to be surplus (Police Department Units #176 & 176-05).
5. Approval of request to waive bidding requirements and authorize trade-in of Police Units #176 and #176-05 to Ray Chevrolet in exchange for 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and dealer refund.
6. Approval of Proposed Budget for Fiscal Year 2014/2015.
H. PUBLIC COMMENT