GURNEE VILLAGE BOARD
Regular Meeting of April 15, 2013
Call to Order and Roll Call
Pledge of Allegiance
A. PUBLIC COMMENT
B. APPROVAL OF CONSENT AGENDA AS PRESENTED
C. CONSENT AGENDA/OMNIBUS VOTE (Roll Call Vote)
(All items under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Trustee so requests. In which event, the discussion will be the first item of business after approval of the Consent Agenda.)
1. Approval of minutes from the March 4, 2013 Budget Hearing, March 11, 2013 Budget Hearing, March 18, 2013 Budget Hearing, March 18, 2013 Village Board Meeting, and April 1, 2013 Budget Hearing.
2. Approval of Ord. 2013 - accepting the Final Plat of Meyer Resubdivision.
3. Approval of awarding the 2013 Roadway Crack Sealing Maintenance Project to the low bidder, Behm Pavement Maintenance, Inc., at a cost not to exceed $45,000.00.
4. Approval of reduction in letter of credit for 7223 Brae Court to $500.00 as recommended by the Village Engineer.
5. Approval of granting a Temporary Class 9 Liquor License to the Woodland Education Foundation for their “Woodland Wishes Benefit Auction” to be held on April 20, 2013 at the Hunt Club Park Community Center.
6. Approval of Fire Lieutenant Andy Wienckowski’s request to participate in the Village’s tuition assistance program in pursuit of a Bachelors Degree in Fire Service Management from Southern Illinois University.
7. Approval of Firemedic Ryan Lee’s request to participate in the Village’s tuition assistance program in pursuit of a Bachelors Degree in Fire Service Management from Anna Maria College.
8. Approval of Payroll for period ending April 6, 2013 in the amount of $699,283.51.
9. Approval of Payroll Transfer Journal for period ending April 6, 2013, in the amount of $692,790.57.
10. Approval of Bills for the period ending April 15, 2013 in the amount of $1,222,603.66.
D. PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
1. Approval of Proclamation designating April 26, 2013 as “Arbor Day” in the Village of Gurnee.
2. Acknowledgement of request from residents on Lockwood Lane related to pedestrian improvements along Hunt Club Road from Lockwood Lane north to Orchard Valley Drive.
3. Acknowledgement of contractual 3% Waste Management rate adjustment effective June 1, 2013.
F. OLD BUSINESS
G. NEW BUSINESS
1. Approval of Ord. 2013 - granting a Special use Permit and Joint Use of Facilities pursuant to the Gurnee Zoning Ordinance relating to a special sports instruction facility for indoor/all season baseball and softball training at 880 Lakeside Drive.
2. Approval of Ord. 2013 - authorizing the first amendment of the agreement between the Northern Illinois Municipal Electric Collaborative (NIMEC) and the Village of Gurnee for consulting services regarding an electricity aggregation program.
3. Approval of Ord. 2013 - amending the Plan of Operation and Governance for the Village of Gurnee’s Electrical Aggregation Program.
4. Approval of Res. 2013 - authorizing the Village Administrator to negotiate and approve a contract with an electricity supplier as obtained through the Northern Illinois Municipal Electric Cooperative (NIMEC).
H. PUBLIC COMMENT