GURNEE VILLAGE BOARD
REGULAR MEETING OF
MAY 4, 2009
Call to Order and Roll Call
Pledge of Allegiance
A. TRANSITION BUSINESS
1. Approval of the minutes from the March 9, 2009, March 16, 2009
and March 23, 2009 meetings.
2. Presentation of plaque to Trustee Ohanian.
3. Administration of the Oath of Office for newly elected officials
by Judge James Booras.
4. Roll Call of newly seated Board by Village Clerk Harris.
B. PUBLIC COMMENT
C. APPROVAL OF CONSENT AGENDA AS PRESENTED
D. CONSENT AGENDA/OMNIBUS VOTE (Roll Call Vote)
(All items under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in
nature and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate
discussion of these items unless a Trustee so requests. In which event,
the discussion will be the first item of business after approval of the
1. Approval of Payroll for period ending April 25, 2009 in the
amount of $677,746.69.
2. Approval of Payroll Transfer Journal for period ending April 25,
2009 in the amount of $675,326.02.
3. Approval of Bills for the period ending April 30, 2009 in the
amount of $660,378.64.
E. PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
1. Approval of staff appointments and Advisory Board members as
recommended by Mayor Kovarik.
2. Presentation of Police Department “Employee of the Year”
awards by Police Chief Robert Jones to Officer Michael Young, 2008
Police Officer of the Year, and Communications Operator Joseph Zak, 2008
Civilian Employee of the Year.
3. Approval of Proclamation designating May 3 - 9, 2009 as
“Building Safety Week” in the Village of Gurnee.
4. Approval of Proclamation designating May 10 - 19, 2009 as
“National Police Week” in the Village of Gurnee.
5. Approval of Proclamation designating May 17 - 23, 2009 as
“National Public Works Week” in the Village of Gurnee.
6. Approval of Proclamation designating the month of May as
“Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month” in the Village of
G. OLD BUSINESS
H. NEW BUSINESS
1. Approval of Fire Department request to solicit bids for mobile
and portable emergency fire radios.
2. Approval of a Minor Amendment to the Planned Unit Development
for Jersey Mike’s Subs, pursuant to the Gurnee Zoning Ordinance, for
property located at 7105 Grand Avenue, Unit 2D (signage modification).
3. Approval of Ord. 2009 - amending section 78-70 of
Article III of Chapter 78 of the Gurnee Municipal Code entitled
“Traffic and Vehicles” regarding Gurnee Towne Center turning
I. PUBLIC COMMENT
Individuals interested in receiving an electronic copy of Gurnee Village Board agendas can subscribe to Village Announcements. Village Announcements is an electronic news delivery system provided by the Village of Gurnee. Some of the information you will receive includes Village Board Agendas, Plan Commission Agendas, Village Press Releases, Village Job Postings and other important notices. To subscribe, send a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Village Board E-mail address: email@example.comThe Village of Gurnee is subject to the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who require certain accommodations in order to allow them to o
bserve and/or participate in this meeting, or who have questions regarding the accessibility of the meeting or the facilities, are required to contact Village Administrator, James Hayner, at (847) 599-7500 promptly to allow the Village to make reasonable accommodations for those persons.
Residents can find out what is on upcoming Village Board agendas by dialing 847-599-7540. Agendas are generally read into the voicemail system by 5 p.m. on the Thursday before the Monday Village Board meeting (occasionally, the VB agenda may not be available via voicemail until the Friday before the Monday meeting). Village Board meetings are generally held on the first and third Mondays of the month. Public study sessions, more commonly referred to as Committee-of-the-Whole meetings, are held on the fourth Monday of the month. For a more detailed list of meeting dates, see the Village Board Meeting Schedule.Village Board meetings are broadcast on the Wednesday following that week's board meeting at 12:00 p.m. on cable channel 17.