GURNEE VILLAGE BOARD
Regular Meeting of May 6, 2013
Call to Order and Roll Call
Pledge of Allegiance
A. TRANSITION BUSINESS
1. Approval of the minutes from the April 1, 2013 and April 15, 2013 Village Board Meetings.
2. Presentation of plaques to Trustee Morris and Trustee Schwarz.
3. Administration of the Oath of Office for newly elected official by Judge Valerie Boettle Ceckowski.
4. Roll Call of newly seated Board by Village Clerk Harris.
B. PUBLIC COMMENT
C. APPROVAL OF CONSENT AGENDA AS PRESENTED
D. CONSENT AGENDA/OMNIBUS VOTE (Roll Call Vote)
(All items under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Trustee so requests. In which event, the discussion will be the first item of business after approval of the Consent Agenda.)
1. Approval of Res. 2013 - establishing certain property of the Village of Gurnee to be surplus (Public Works 1995 GMC Crane Truck, Public Works 1993 GMC Aerial Truck, and Community Development 1997 GMC SUV).
2. Approval of request to set bid date of May 28, 2013 for Public Works 19,500lb gross vehicle weight dump truck with snow and ice control equipment (replacement for Unit #267).
3. Approval of awarding the 2013 MFT Street Maintenance Program to the low bidder, Peter Baker & Son Co., at $1,988,846.45.
4. Approval of extending the sanitary sewer closed circuit television contract with American Underground, Inc. at the 2012 rate of $1.21 per lineal foot - cost not to exceed $150,000.00.
5. Approval of a fireworks permit for Six Flags Great America on Thursday, May 9, 2013 at approximately 11:00am.
6. Approval of request from Salvation Army’s to conduct two annual fundraising events:
a. Donut Days – May 31 & June 1 and June 7 & 8, 2013; and
b. Red Kettle Campaign – November 15 - December 24, 2013.
7. Approval of Payroll for period ending April 20, 2013 in the amount of $761,444.49.
8. Approval of Payroll Transfer Journal for period ending April 20, 2013 in the amount of $756,610.11.
9. Approval of Bills for the period ending April 30, 2013 in the amount of $2,921,615.46.
E. PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
1. Approval of staff appointments and Advisory Board members as recommended by Mayor Kovarik.
2. Approval of Proclamation designating May 2013 as “Building Safety Month” in the Village of Gurnee.
3. Approval of Proclamation designating May 12 - 18, 2013 as “National Police Week” in the Village of Gurnee.
4. Approval of Proclamation designating May 19 - 25, 2013 as “National Public Works Week” in the Village of Gurnee.
1. Follow-up report from Nick Radovan and Brendan Holland regarding HeatherRidge Recycling Drop-off Site.
G. OLD BUSINESS
H. NEW BUSINESS
1. Approval of Res. 2012 - authorizing the Village Administrator to negotiate and approve a contract with Exelon Energy for the provision of electricity for street lights as obtained through the Northern Illinois Municipal Electric Cooperative (NIMEC).
2. Approval of Ord. 2013 - authorizing execution of a one year contract with FirstEnergy Solutions for the provision of electricity for the Village of Gurnee’s Electrical Aggregation Program (fixed rate of 5.12¢/kWh).
3. Approval of Fire Department request to waive bidding requirements and award public safety education material purchase to Follett School Solutions at a cost of $53,036.99 (90/10 Department of Homeland Security Grant).
4. Approval of Police Department request to purchase six Chevrolet Tahoe State bid contract vehicles for Fiscal Year 2013/2014 at a cost of $165,250.45.
I. PUBLIC COMMENT
J. EXECUTIVE SESSION
1. Approval of Ord. 2013 - authorizing execution of a new Employment Contract with the Village Administrator.