GURNEE VILLAGE BOARD
Regular Meeting of June 16, 2014
Call to Order and Roll Call
Pledge of Allegiance
A. PUBLIC COMMENT
B. APPROVAL OF CONSENT AS PRESENTED
C. CONSENT AGENDA/OMNIBUS VOTE (Roll Call Vote)
(All items under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Trustee so requests. In which event, the discussion will be the first item of business after approval of the Consent Agenda.)
1. Approval of the minutes from the June 2, 2014 Village Board meeting.
2. Approval of Ord. 2014 - ascertaining the prevailing rate of wages for laborers, workmen and mechanics employed in public works of this public body.
3. Approval of Ord. 2014 - authorizing the execution of and ratifying an agreement with the Newport Township Fire Department for dispatch services.
4. Approval of a Res. 2014 - authorizing the Village Administrator to negotiate and approve a contract with optimal service provider for the provision of electricity for street lights as obtained through the Northern Illinois Municipal Electric Cooperative (NIMEC).
5. Approval of granting a Class 9 Liquor License and waiving the fee for the Gurnee Breakfast Exchange Club for their Gurnee Days events on August 8 and 9, 2014.
6. Approval of a fireworks permit for Six Flags Great America on July 4th – 6th at 9:45 p.m. – displays to be launched from southwest corner of the property.
7. Approval of Payroll for period ending May 31, 2014 in the amount of $743,985.49.
8. Approval of Payroll Transfer Journal for period ending May 31, 2014 in the amount of $737,766.13.
9. Approval of Bills for the period ending June 16, 2014 in the amount of $848,344.08.
D. PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
1. Introduction of new Gurnee Police canines and presentation of Plaques of Appreciation to D.A.S. Charitable Fund and the Family of Marlene Hunt.
F. OLD BUSINESS
G. NEW BUSINESS
1. Approval Res. 2014 - authorizing the execution of bill of sale, waiver of liability and hold harmless agreement for canine.
2. Approval of Ord. 2014 - adding one Class 4 and one Class 13 liquor license by amending Section 6-56 of Article II of Chapter 6 of the Gurnee Municipal Code entitled "Alcoholic Beverages" as last amended by ordinance number 2012-65 passed July 16, 2012 (Mariano’s – 6655 Grand Avenue).
3. Approval of Ord. 2014 - granting a Special Use Permit pursuant to the Gurnee Zoning Ordinance relating to an indoor baseball/softball training facility at 4080 Morrison Drive.
4. Approval of Ord. 2014 - granting a Special Use Permit pursuant to the Gurnee Zoning Ordinance relating to an indoor paintball facility at 4080 Morrison Drive.
5. Approval of Ord. 2014 - granting a Special Use Permit pursuant to the Gurnee Zoning Ordinance relating to an indoor tactical combat laser tag facility at 820 Lakeside Drive.
6. Approval of Police Department request to waive bidding requirements and purchase ICIS MTX System Application from Public Safety Systems Inc., at a cost of $50,000.00 (records management system upgrade).
7. Approval of Public Works Department request to purchase two Peterbilt 348 chassis from the low bidder, Peterbilt of Wadsworth, IL at a cost of $167,630.00 (Public Works Department Units #276 and #687 replacement).
8. Approval of request from Public Works Department to waive bidding requirements and purchase central hydraulic system, dump body, snow plow, and spreader, from Bonnell Industries, at a cost not to exceed $251,292.00 (Public Works Unit #276 & 687 replacements).
H. PUBLIC COMMENT