GURNEE VILLAGE BOARD
Regular Meeting of June 17, 2013
Call to Order and Roll Call
Pledge of Allegiance
A. PUBLIC COMMENT
B. APPROVAL OF CONSENT AGENDA AS PRESENTED
C. CONSENT AGENDA/OMNIBUS VOTE (Roll Call Vote)
(All items under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Trustee so requests. In which event, the discussion will be the first item of business after approval of the Consent Agenda.)
1. Approval of the minutes from the June 3, 2013 Village Board meeting.
2. Approval of Ord. 2013 - ascertaining the prevailing rate of wages for laborers, workmen and mechanics employed in public works of this public body.
3. Approval of Ord. 2013 - authorizing the execution of and ratifying an agreement with the Newport Township Fire Department for dispatch services.
4. Approval of Payroll for period ending June 1, 2013 in the amount of $721,179.27.
5. Approval of Payroll Transfer Journal for period ending May 18, 2013, in the amount of $716,102.94.
6. Approval of Bills for the period ending June 17, 2013 in the amount of $861,691.61.
D. PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
1. Presentation of plaque to John Shearer in honor of achieving the rank of Eagle Scout.
2. Presentation of plaque to Chris Boswell in honor of achieving the rank of Eagle Scout.
3. Presentation of plaque to Thomas Prendergast in honor of achieving the rank of Eagle Scout.
4. Creation of committee to re-develop former Gurnee Police Station site at 4575 Old Grand Avenue.
1. Report from Public Works Director Tom Rigwood - Follow-up on HeatherRidge Well #2 inspection results.
F. OLD BUSINESS
G. NEW BUSINESS
1. Approval of request to waive bidding requirements and contract with Municipal Well & Pump at a cost not to exceed $212,376.00 for Heather Ridge Well #2 repair project.
2. Approval to award Public Work’s Asset Management/Work Order Software System to Azteca Systems at a first year cost of 49,700.00, with an annual right to use / maintenance fee of $21,000 starting in year two of software operation.
3. Approval of Public Works Department request to purchase two State bid 2013 International 7400 chassis with hook lift systems and snow fighting equipment at a total cost of $396,192.00 (Public Works Department Units #292 and #651 replacement).
4. Approval of request from Public Works Department to purchase central hydraulic system, dump body, snow plow, and spreader, from Bonnell Industries, at a cost of $47,879.00 (Public Works Unit #267 replacement).
5. Approval of request from Fire Department to purchase a 2014 Ford Escape from Highland Park Ford at a cost of $19,325.00 (Fire Department Unit #1393 replacement).
6. Approval of Res. 2013 - establishing certain property of the Village of Gurnee to be surplus (Fire Department Unit #1393).
H. PUBLIC COMMENT