7:00 p.m. Public Hearing to seek comment on the advisability of issuing a request for proposal and awarding a franchise for the collection of commercial and multi-family refuse and recycling.
GURNEE VILLAGE BOARD
Regular Meeting of September 9, 2013
Call to Order and Roll Call
Pledge of Allegiance
A. PUBLIC COMMENT
B. APPROVAL OF CONSENT AGENDA AS PRESENTED
C. CONSENT AGENDA/OMNIBUS VOTE (Roll Call Vote)
(All items under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Trustee so requests. In which event, the discussion will be the first item of business after approval of the Consent Agenda.)
1. Approval of the minutes from the August 19, 2013 Village Board meeting.
2. Approval of awarding the 2013 Multifunction Printer Lease & Maintenance Contract to the low bidder, Impact Networking, at a cost of approximately $25,977.12 per year.
3. Approval of Ord. 2013 - approving the terms of a contract between the Village of Gurnee and Tyco Integrated Security, LLC.
4. Approval of Res. 2013 - establishing certain property of the Village of Gurnee to be surplus (Police Units #146, 148, 149, 155, 162, 171 and 177. Public Works Units #201, 202, 211, 267, 276, 280 and 292.).
5. Approval of Res. 2013 - authorizing execution of Change Orders authorizing additional funding in amounts not to exceed $10,576.00 and $31,380.00 to repair Village Well #2.
6. Approval of Payroll for period ending August 24, 2013 in the amount of $738,173.53.
7. Approval of Payroll Transfer Journal for period ending August 24, 2013, in the amount of $733,601.33.
8. Approval of Bills for the period ending September 9, 2013 in the amount of $627,613.91.
D. PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
1. Approval of a Proclamation designating September 15th thru September 21st as Child Passenger Safety Week in the Village of Gurnee.
2. Approval of Proclamation designating September 15th thru October 15th as Hispanic Heritage Month in the Village of Gurnee.
3. Approval of Police Chief Woodside’s recommendation to set Trick-or-Treat hours for Halloween 2013 on Sunday, October 27th from 2:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M.
4. Introduction and recognition of 2013 Gurnee Queens:
• Miss Gurnee Jessica Schwartz
• Junior Miss Gurnee Sarah Erickson
• Little Miss Gurnee Emily Hetman
1. Report from Attorney Winter on proposed amendments to Municipal Code:
• Chapter 22, Article 5, Sections 22-1 through 22-9 regarding Transient Lodging
• Chapter 2, Article 3, Division 10 regarding Administrative Hearing Procedures
F. OLD BUSINESS
G. NEW BUSINESS
1. Approval of Ord. 2013 - granting a variation from the zoning regulations pursuant to the Conditional Use Permit granted under Ordinance No. 80-25 for Six Flags Great America.
2. Approval of Ord. 2013 - amending Chapter 46 of the Gurnee Municipal Code to include a specific provision to prohibit fighting.
3. Approval of Ord. 2013 - authorizing the execution of an agreement with LEDCo America to purchase LED street light fixtures.
4. Approval of Res. 2013- authorizing the institution of legal action to demolish dangerous and unsafe residential structures located at 2007 Belle Plaine Avenue and 4350 Elm Road within the Village of Gurnee.
5. Approval of request from Police Department to purchase 2013 Chevrolet Pick-Up Truck from the low bidder, Ray Chevrolet, at a cost of $22,948.00 (Community Service Officer Unit #171 replacement).
H. PUBLIC COMMENT
I. EXECUTIVE SESSION