GURNEE VILLAGE BOARD
Regular Meeting of November 4, 2013
Call to Order and Roll Call
Pledge of Allegiance
A. PUBLIC COMMENT
B. APPROVAL OF CONSENT AGENDA AS PRESENTED
C. CONSENT AGENDA/OMNIBUS VOTE (Roll Call Vote)
(All items under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Trustee so requests. In which event, the discussion will be the first item of business after approval of the Consent Agenda.)
1. Approval of the minutes from the October 21, 2013 Village Board meeting.
2. Approval of Ord. 2013 - authorizing execution of an agreement between Vogue Printers and the Village of Gurnee for newsletter printing services.
3. Approval of Res. 2013 - authorizing execution of Amendment No. 2 to the Local Agency/State Agreement with the Illinois Department of Transportation pertaining to the Cemetery Road, Tri-State Parkway and Washington Street Improvement Project.
4. Approval of the 2014 Village Board meeting schedule.
5. Approval of awarding the 2013 Sidewalk Mud Jacking Project to the low bidder, Atlas Concrete Lifting, at a cost of $2.60 per square foot, not to exceed $50,000.00.
6. Approval of appearance compatibility for replacement of three Verizon antennas and installation of six remote radio units and two junction boxes at a height of 163 feet on the existing water tower at 4548 Old Grand Avenue.
7. Approval of Payroll for period ending October 19, 2013 in the amount of $744,217.58.
8. Approval of Payroll Transfer Journal for period ending October 19, 2013, in the amount of $738,193.87.
9. Approval of Bills for the period ending November 4, 2013 in the amount of $1,778,083.82.
D. PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
1. Presentation of Plaque of Appreciation to Dale McFarland, General Manager Keylime Cove, for his ongoing support of the Gurnee Fire and Police Departments.
2. Approval of Mayor Kovarik’s recommended appointment of Ed Conarchy to the Gurnee Fire Pension Board.
3. Approval of Mayor Kovarik’s recommended appointment of John Moenter to the Gurnee Police Pension Board.
4. Approval of a Proclamation designating November as “National American Indian/Alaska Native Heritage Month” in the Village of Gurnee.
F. OLD BUSINESS
1. Approval of Ord. 2013 - amending provisions of the Gurnee Municipal Code Chapter 2, Division 10, expanding the scope and amending procedures for the Administrative Adjudication System.
G. NEW BUSINESS
1. Approval of Ord. 2013 - amending Chapter 78, Traffic and Vehicles by amending Section 78-107 of the Municipal Code of the Village of Gurnee.
2. Approval of Ord. 2013 - authorizing an amended Central Lake County Joint Action Water Agency Agreement, authorizing a First Comprehensive Amendment and Restatement to the Water Purchase and Sale Contract between the Central Lake County Joint Action Water Agency and Charter Members, and further consenting to the admission of additional members and service areas pursuant to an Admissions Agreement to the Central Lake County Joint Action Water Agency, and authorizing all necessary acts in the approval, execution and delivery of such documents.
3. Approval of Ord. 2013 - repealing Ordinance 2013 – 23 and authorizing execution of a revised Intergovernmental Agreement with the Illinois Comptroller’s Office to provide for collection of debt.
4. Approval of Ord. 2013 - authorizing execution of an agreement with Gruen Gruen + Associates to provide economic development services for the Village of Gurnee.
5. Approval of Res. 2013 - authorizing additional funding in amount not to exceed $209,000.00 for roadway rehabilitation.
6. Approval of renewals related to the Village’s self-insured medical plan:
• Health Insurance Plan’s Stop Loss Coverage a period of 12 months with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois at an estimated cost of $299,579.00; and
• Administrative Services Only contract for a period of 12 months with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois at a rate of $64.77 per employee per month, and
adjusted for anticipated annualized prescription rebates of $30,448.00.
7. Approval of voluntary supplemental life insurance with MetLife at a cost of $0.101/ $1000 in coverage for life and $0.028 / $1000 in coverage for accidental death and dismemberment.
H. PUBLIC COMMENT