GURNEE VILLAGE BOARD
Regular Meeting of December 2, 2013
Call to Order and Roll Call
Pledge of Allegiance
A. PUBLIC COMMENT
B. APPROVAL OF CONSENT AGENDA AS PRESENTED
C. CONSENT AGENDA/OMNIBUS VOTE (Roll Call Vote)
(All items under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Trustee so requests. In which event, the discussion will be the first item of business after approval of the Consent Agenda.)
1. Approval of the minutes from the November 18, 2013 and November 25, 2013 Village Board meetings.
2. Approval of Res. 2013 - establishing certain property of the Village of Gurnee to be surplus (Fire Department Ambulance #1342)
3. Approval of Ord. 2013 - authorizing the Village President and the Village Clerk to execute an Intergovernmental Agreement with the Lake County Municipal League for cooperative benefit of letting contracts (2014 Program).
4. Approval of Ord. 2013 - vacating and abrogating an easement interest in Quality Acres Unit 1 Subdivision, Gurnee, Illinois.
5. Approval of Village Engineer’s request to waive Section 3 of Street Vacation Policy and proceed with vacating approximately 4,300 square feet of unimproved right-of-way along First Place.
6. Approval of Payroll for period ending November 16, 2013 in the amount of $719,072.40.
7. Approval of Payroll Transfer Journal for period ending November 16, 2013 in the amount of $712,226.77.
8. Approval of Bills for the period ending December 2, 2013 in the amount of $5,214,012.76.
D. PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
1. Reminder: Annual Northern Illinois Food Bank/Canadian Pacific Railroad Holiday Train – 3:50 P.M., Wednesday, December 4th.
2. Approval of Mayor’s recommended appointments to the Economic Development Committee:
• Tim Garrity
• Mike Deney
3. Approval of Mayor’s recommended appointments to the Emergency Telephone System Board:
• Bill Burkhart, Fire Lieutenant
• Brad Lambert, Firemedic
• Terri Kincaid, Deputy Police Chief
• Mike Mann, Police Officer
• Al Marquardt, Communications Supervisor
1. Report from Finance Director Diane Lembesis – Fiscal Year 13/14 Second Quarter financial performance.
F. OLD BUSINESS
G. NEW BUSINESS
1. Approval of Ord. 2013 - approving the terms of a contract between the Village of Gurnee and the Warren-Waukegan Fire Protection District regarding fire protection and ambulance services.
2. Approval of Ord. 2013 - authorizing the execution of Intergovernmental Agreements by and between the Village of Gurnee and various Municipal and Fire Protection District Fire Departments for the establishment of an Ambulance Service User Fees Agreement.
3. Approval of Ord. 2013 - imposing a moratorium on the establishment and operation of medical cannabis dispensaries within the Village of Gurnee.
4. Approval of Ord. 2013 - authorizing execution of a professional service agreement between the Village of Gurnee and Wright Benefit Strategies, Inc.
H. PUBLIC COMMENT
I. EXECUTIVE SESSION