Entry Level Police Officer (2021-2)
The mission of the Gurnee Police Department is to defend the lives, rights, and quality of life of all the residents and visitors we serve with honor and integrity. The men and women of the department are fully committed to accomplishing this mission by achieving four fundamental objectives:
Crime Prevention – Crime Control – Community Involvement – Team Building
We are seeking candidates for entry level Police Officers who value these objectives. If you value these same objectives, consider applying with the Gurnee Police Department.
Click HERE to apply
Click HERE to enroll in testing process
The Gurnee Police Department offers full testing services for the position of Entry Level Police Officer through National Testing Network (NTN). To register with NTN and schedule a test, go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com, select ‘Find Jobs’, then select Law Enforcement Jobs and sign up for Gurnee Police Department.
When you visit the www.nationaltestingnetwork.com website:
- Complete the NTN registration process and schedule your test.
- Review all information related to Police Officer, including minimum requirements, salary, and benefits.
- Review detailed information about the testing process.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions and take an online practice test (if desired).
Upon completion of your scheduled exam, scores are automatically forwarded to the Village of Gurnee Civil Service Commission. The Commission will contact candidates who attain a passing score to participate in further stages of the testing process.
National Testing Network is a service provided to conduct entry level testing in a standardized, professional environment. National Testing Network does not replace the Village of Gurnee Civil Service Commission's responsibility and decision making in the testing process. All candidate results are provided to the Village of Gurnee Civil Service Commission where the final decisions are made.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements and qualifications:
- United States citizen or Naturalized citizen.
- Minimum 20 years of age (must be 21 years of age by date of hire) and less than 35 years of age as of application deadline (October 21, 2021) unless otherwise exempt. Military Veterans may exceed the maximum age by the number of years served on active military duty but by no more than 10 years of active military duty service.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent thereof.
- Valid driver’s license.
Must meet a minimum of one of the following:
- College coursework towards 60 hours of college credit; OR
- Previous experience as a full time sworn, certified law enforcement officer; OR
- At least two (2) years United States military service.
Completion of online application and submit required documents by 3:00 p.m. October 21, 2021.
Completion of FrontLine National Exam through National Testing Network (www.nationaltestingnetwork.com) by 3:00 p.m. October 21, 2021.
Oral Interview with Civil Service Commission – eligible applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview
Oral Interview with Gurnee Police Department Supervisory Staff
At time of employment offer, candidate must provide verification of completion of a minimum of 60 hours college credit in order to continue in the screening process. Post-offer examinations / screenings include but are not limited to: ability to pass the Illinois Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER test) upon department request; polygraph examination; psychological evaluation; character and background investigation; medical / vision examinations; and drug screen.
Important Information: Police Training Academies in the State of Illinois now require vaccination against the COVID-19 virus. Candidates must provide proof of vaccination status prior to hire upon request of the Gurnee Police Department.