Join the Gurnee Police Department and be a part of a dynamic department committed to community safety and excellence. As a vibrant and thriving community nestled halfway between Chicago and Milwaukee, Gurnee offers a unique blend of urban convenience and suburban charm.
We are seeking motivated individuals, both seasoned professionals and those starting their law enforcement careers, to join our 65 sworn officers, 35 civilian staff members.
At the Gurnee Police Department, we pride ourselves on fostering a culture of honesty, integrity, service, teamwork, and continuous professional development. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to make a real impact in a community that values and supports its officers. Take the next step in your career with the Gurnee Police Department.
At the Gurnee Police Department, we recognize that a diverse range of specialties enhances the expertise of our officers and better serves our community. Our officers have the opportunity to undergo additional training and gain valuable experience in various specialized roles, including:
- Evidence Technician: Uncover the intricacies of crime scene investigation and evidence collection.
- Training Instructors: Become an expert in firearms, emergency vehicle operation, defensive tactics, and rapid deployment, contributing to the skill development of fellow officers.
- Detective: Investigate and solve complex cases, bringing justice to the community.
- Visitor Oriented Policing Team: Engage with the community, fostering positive relationships and ensuring a safe and welcoming environment for our community's attractions.
- K9 Team: Partner with a highly trained K9 companion to enhance our capabilities in tracking, search and rescue, and narcotics detection.
- Crisis Intervention Officer: Specializes in handling crisis situations, and providing crucial support to those in need.
- School Resource Officer: Foster positive connections between law enforcement and schools, ensuring the safety and well-being of students.
- NIPAS (Northern Illinois Police Alarm System): Collaborate with regional law enforcement agencies to respond to critical incidents.
- Major Crime Task Force: Contribute to a specialized unit focused on investigating major crimes throughout Lake County.
- Major Crash Assistance Team (MCAT): Contribute your expertise by investigating serious traffic accidents and collaborating with a specialized unit to reconstruct and analyze crash scenes.
Embrace the opportunity to specialize in an area that aligns with your interests and strengths, and play a vital role in enhancing the development of the police department.
Click on the options below to learn more about our hiring process
Do you have additional questions about the recruitment process or the Gurnee Police Department?
Reach out to our Recruitment Coordinator, Commander Jason Kalinowski, at 847-599-7065 or JKalinowski@police.gurnee.il.us