2017 Christmas Tree Collection: Last Collection Wednesday, January 25th
Waste Management will pick up Christmas trees on the following dates:
- Thursday, January 5, 2017
- Wednesday, January 11, 2017
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017
The following guidelines must be followed in order for the tree to be collected:
- Place the tree at the curb or the edge of the street by 7:00 a.m. on the pick-up day
- Remove all lights and decorations
- Do NOT place the tree in a plastic bag
- Place the tree on top of the snow in order to increase its visibility.
Failure to remove decorations or placing the tree in a plastic bag will result in the tree not being collected that week and, consequently, the resident will have to wait until the following week. Trees placed out after January 25th will not be collected. For any questions, please contact Waste Management at 847-395-2020.
Alternatively, trees may also be donated to the Lake County Forest Preserve (LCFP). Donated trees are chipped and used for trails and landscaping at forest preserves throughout Lake County. Details on how to donate can be found on LCFP's website at http://www.lcfpd.org/recycle-your-christmas-tree/.