Pay Your Water/Sewer Bill Online
Looking for a way to simplify your life? Now, you can save a stamp or skip a visit to Village Hall by using the Village’s new on-line Water and Sewer payment system! Our new Citizen Self-Service (CSS) system has no credit card service fee and offers you the convenience of managing and paying your water and sewer bills with the click of the mouse. Here’s what you need to know:
1. Wasn’t online bill pay already available? For some time, the Village has offered online utility bill payment, which provided only an account balance. The new CSS system provides detailed account history, current and previous consumption history and carries no additional fee. You pay only the amount you owe for water and sewer service.
2. How does it work? It’s easy to do:
- Be sure you have your account number available (you’ll find it near the top right of your bill, the five digits to the right of the dash).
- To make a payment, visit the payment site directly at https://eservice.gurnee.il.us/MSS/citizens/UtilityBilling/Default.aspx
- Or Log onto www.gurnee.il.us and click "Pay Online" from the homepage and click "Pay Your Water/Sewer Bill."
- Once you arrive at the CSS portal, enter your account number -- and you’re ready to go!
3. What forms of payment can I use?
The CSS system will accept Discover, MasterCard and Visa (both credit and debit cards).
4. Are my payments secure?
Yes. The Village uses the same security system used by many major banks. In fact, for security reasons, the system does NOT store your credit card number. You will need to re-enter it each time you use the CSS system.