VILLAGE OF GURNEE
PLAN COMMISSION AGENDA
DATE: Wednesday, June 1, 2011
TIME: 7:30 P.M.
PLACE: Gurnee Village Hall, 325 North O’Plaine Road
1. Call to Order and Roll Call
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approval of the March 16, 2011 Plan Commission Meeting Minutes
4. Proclamation Recognizing Mr. Stephen Park for his years of service to the Village of Gurnee
5. Minor Exception for Sign: Warren Township High School
(Warren Township High School is requesting a Minor Exception to the Sign Ordinance to allow a 3–foot encroachment into the required 12-foot setback for a new freestanding (ground) sign proposed for the existing school facility at 500 N. O’Plaine Road. The subject property is zoned P, Public Land District.)
6. Continued Public Hearing: Special Use Permit for The Button Room
(Leslie Pencak, with The Button Room, is requesting a Special Use Permit to allow the establishment and operation of a button museum, gathering place, and learning center at 4072 Old Grand Avenue. The subject property is zoned C/S-3, Village Center- Residence/Business District.)
7. Minor Exception for Sign: The Button Room
(Leslie Pencak, with The Button Room, is requesting a Minor Exception to the Sign Ordinance to allow a decrease in the required 8-inch letter height for a freestanding (ground) sign. The subject property is zoned C/S-3, Village Center- Residence/Business District and is located at 4072 Old Grand Avenue.)
8. Request for Joint Use of Parking Facilities and Parking Modifications: Holiday Inn Gurnee Convention Center
(Crown Holdings, LLC, the property owner, is requesting approval of the following items as part of their proposed banquet hall addition onto the existing hotel facility, located at 6161 Grand Avenue:
1) Shared parking between uses (hotel, restaurant, banquet hall, and conference rooms) that have peak parking requirements at different times of the day;
2) Parking modification to reduce the transitional side yard setback (for property abutting a residential district) from 20-feet to 1-foot, along the east property line, for a parking aisle;
3) Parking modification to reduce the parking setback from 10-feet to less than 1-foot, along the east property line, for 10 new parking stalls; and
4) Parking modification to allow dual use of an off-street parking area for six (6) parking stalls and a 12 foot x 65 foot off-street loading zone.
The subject property is zoned C/B-2, Community Business District and C/O-2, Office and Research District.)
9. Minor Exception for Sign: Heritage Woods of Gurnee
(Barron Development, LLC is requesting a Minor Exception to the Sign Ordinance to allow a decrease in the required 8-inch letter height for a freestanding (ground) sign. The ground sign is proposed for the Heritage Woods of Gurnee Senior Living Facility, located at 3775 Grand Avenue, and is zoned C/O-1 PUD, Restricted Office District as a Planned Unit Development.)
10. Final Plat of Subdivision: Heritage Woods of Gurnee
(Barron Development, LLC is seeking approval for a consolidation of two existing lots as part of their Heritage Woods of Gurnee Senior Living Facility. The property is approximately 3.8 acres, generally located at the southwest corner of Grand Avenue and Waveland Avenue (3775 Grand Avenue), and is zoned C/O-1 PUD, Restricted Office District as a Planned Unit Development.)
11. Next Meeting Date: June 15, 2011
The Village of Gurnee is subject to the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who require certain accommodations in order to allow them to observe and/or participate in this meeting, or who have questions regarding the accessibility of the meeting or the facilities, are required to contact Village Administrator, James Hayner, at (847) 599-7500 promptly to allow the Village to make reasonable accommodations for those persons.
Comments regarding any of the agenda items can be e-mailed to the Plan Commission at the following address: email@example.com. Full copies of applications and support material can be found and viewed at the Warren-Newport Public Library the Saturday before the Plan Commission meeting and at Village Hall during normal business hours.