VILLAGE OF GURNEE
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Local Public Agency: Gurnee
Section Number: 14-00000-01-GM
Sealed proposals for the improvement described below will be received at the office of Village of Gurnee, 325 N. O'Plaine Road, Gurnee, IL 60031 until 10:30 AM on April 17, 2014
Proposals will be opened and read publicly at 10:30A.M., April 17, 2014 at the office of Village of Gurnee - 325 N. O’Plaine Road, Gurnee, IL 60031.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Name: 2014 Street Maintenace Program - MFT 14-00000-01-GM
Length: 28150.00 feet (5.33 miles)
Location: Various locations within the corpoarte limits of the Village of Gurnee, Lake County, Illinois.
Proposed Improvement: Hot-Mix Surf,. Rem, Cl.-D Pavement Patching, Leveling Binder, HMA Surface Course, Curb Sidewalk Rem. & Repl., MH & Inlet Adj., Thermo. Pvmt. Marking and other associated items to complete the improvement.
1. Plans and proposal forms will be available in the office of Village of Gurnee - Village Engineer at 325 N. O' Plaine Road, Gurnee, IL 60031 for a Non-Refundable cost of $50. (847) 599-7550.
2. Prequalification: If checked, the 2 low bidders must file within 24 hours after the letting an “Affidavit of Availability” (Form BC 57), in duplicate, showing all uncompleted contracts awarded to them and all low bids pending award for Federal, State, County, Municipal and private work. One original shall be filed with the Awarding Authority and one original with the IDOT District Office.
3. The Awarding Authority reserves the right to waive technicalities and to reject any or all proposals as provided in BLRS Special Provision for Bidding Requirements and Conditions for Contract Proposals.
4. The following BLR Forms shall be returned by the bidder to the Awarding Authority:
a. BLR 12200: Local Public Agency Formal Contract Proposal
b. BLR 12200a Schedule of Prices
c. BLR 12230: Proposal Bid Bond (if applicable)
d. BLR 12325: Apprenticeship or Training Program Certification (do not use for federally funded projects)
e. BLR 12326: Affidavit of Illinois Business Office
5. The quantities appearing in the bid schedule are approximate and are prepared for the comparison of bids. Payment to the Contractor will be made only for the actual quantities of work performed and accepted or materials furnished according to the contract. The scheduled quantities of work to be done and materials to be furnished may be increased, decreased or omitted as hereinafter provided.
6. Submission of a bid shall be conclusive assurance and warranty the bidder has examined the plans and understands all requirements for the performance of work. The bidder will be responsible for all errors in the proposal resulting from failure or neglect to conduct an in depth examination. The Awarding Authority will, in no case be responsible for any costs, expenses, losses or changes in anticipated profits resulting from such failure or neglect of the bidder.
7. The bidder shall take no advantage of any error or omission in the proposal and advertised contract.
8. If a special envelope is supplied by the Awarding Authority, each proposal should be submitted in that envelope furnished by the Awarding Agency and the blank spaces on the envelope shall be filled in correctly to clearly indicate its contents. When an envelope other than the special one furnished by the Awarding Authority is used, it shall be marked to clearly indicate its contents. When sent by mail, the sealed proposal shall be addressed to the Awarding Authority at the address and in care of the official in whose office the bids are to be received. All proposals shall be filed prior to the time and at the place specified in the Notice to Bidders. Proposals received after the time specified will be returned to the bidder unopened.
9. Permission will be given to a bidder to withdraw a proposal if the bidder makes the request in writing or in person before the time for opening proposals.