Six Flags Great America Announces 2020 Holiday in the Park Lights Season
Six Flags Great America today announced, with the approval of the State of Illinois and within the Restore Illinois guidelines, the third season of Holiday in the Park will open as a lights experience on November 27, 2020. The magical holiday celebration marks the first time the theme park will open in 2020 and will feature over two and a half million dazzling lights to delight guests of all ages.
Guests visiting Holiday in the Park Lights will experience:
- Over two and a half million dazzling holiday lights for guests to enjoy;
- Continuous, twinkling holiday light displays spread throughout the 300 acre property, created to keep guests moving and engaged;
- World-class entertainment designed for social-distanced, open-air viewing;
- Socially-distanced photo opportunities with costumed characters; and
- Special seasonal treats and surprises.
In accordance with Illinois safety guidelines, the park will operate at reduced capacity levels and without rides. The event will open Friday, November 27 and run weekends and select weekdays through Sunday, December 27, 2020.
Great America is also implementing extensive safety measures and hygiene protocols, including several new advanced technology systems to protect guests and employees. Additional details are available in included press release.SIX FLAGS HOLIDAY IN THE PARK PRESS RELEASE