Electronics Recycling Event Taking Place on June 16th at the Public Works Facility
The Village of Gurnee will be hosting an Electronics Recycling Event on Friday, June 16th from 10am to 5:30pm at the Gurnee Public Works located at 1151 Kilbourne Rd.
Here is what you need to know to participate:
- The event is for Gurnee residents only and you must present a government ID with a Gurnee address.
- There is no cost to participate.
- All items must be free of any batteries, packaging material, and operating manuals. Alkaline and Long Life Non-Rechargeable batteries are non-hazardous and may be disposed of in the regular trash.
- Materials from businesses, institutions, or schools will not be accepted.
Only the following electronics will be accepted:
- Cable Receivers
- CD Players
- Computers (including tablets)
- Computer Drives
- Cords and Cables
- Digital Converter Boxes
- Digital Video Disc Players
- Digital Video Disc Recorders
- Electronic Keyboards
- Electronic Mice
- PDA Organizers
- Portable Digital Music Players
- Satellite Receivers
- Small Scale Servers
- Facsimile Machines
- Holiday Lights
- Video Cassette Recorders
- Video Game Consoles
Items NOT Accepted Include: Batteries (alkaline, non-rechargeable, lead acid), Fluorescent Light Bulbs, Small Household Appliances (microwave ovens, toasters, blenders, hair dryers, etc.), Large Household Appliances, Lighting Fixtures, Air Conditioners, and Refrigerators.
Please note that if the item is not listed, you can check the SWALCO website or call 847-336-9340 to learn how to recycle the item.
Individuals with disabilities that need assistance with unloading recyclable materials should contact Assistant to Village Administrator, Austin Pollack at 847-599-7500 to allow the Village to arrange reasonable accommodations.
If you are unable to make it, the Grayslake Public Works located at 585 Berry Ave. offers electronics recycling to all Lake County. Their hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8am to 3pm and Saturdays 8am to 12pm.